Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 6 pack to GO

Post Thanks / Like

Default A 6 pack to GO

Took Friday off and of course it rained and rained , the good news is the tiny window early in the morning without any .
    Told my buddy with the boat I wanted /needed a half dozen or 8 at the most to restock my freezer .
    Well we thought hit it at daylight and we got about 2 hours and we should handle the task at hand quite well .
    Not starting out well is the theme of things , couldn't hardly get a bite and the graph full of big crappie and bait .
    heck i even ketched a bass and a bream
    We hit spots that "should" have produced keepers easily and quickly and when our time was running really low we only had 2 keeper fish in the box !
    We changed plans and went to the north end to attack one of my condos in short muddy water, no dice there either .
    short fish here and there yes ,but solid fish NO , so last chance time wise and the smell of rain coming fast ,we hit a spot we know often has solid fish on it .
    sure enough I put 4 nice fish in the boat there and off we ran for the boat ramp . started sprinkling as we rolled out of there and left with my 6 pack to go ....
    sometimes it is what it is ...
    and as always ...
    KABOOM is the word
    p.s. and dropped off a coon out in the country , I trapped last night with my g sauce trick ,we had a hung jury , he was really lucky , he was going to get the death penalty and ended up with an early release and a VERY stern warning about No second chances with my chickens
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Jwater, S10CHEVY, ecoast LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the coon appreciated the relocation. I have trouble with skunks. All the eggs the manage to still sure makes that black and white fur shiney. It would make some awesome crappie jigs
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Nice story, Ketchn, and even if you came up a little short on your crappie goal it was still an interesting day. Thanks as always for the ride along!
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    I am sure the coon appreciated the relocation. I have trouble with skunks. All the eggs the manage to still sure makes that black and white fur shiney. It would make some awesome crappie jigs
    i think it done got all my neighbors livestock , 2 houses down used to have about a herd of fowl , quacking and chirping and clucking away, then all the sudden a few days or week ago it got all quiet from down there and the trouble at my place started a few days later . it hurt one of my "easter eggers" so bad she had to get put down and made into dinner . then it came back and got a toe or 2 off 2 other chickens .they can reach thru chicken wire and grab at them and man it makes me mad to see anything mess with my egg layers .
    i was pushing for the death penalty as was mini kaboom ,they are her chicks we raised ,mom is the just take it far away , hung jury darnit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Nice story, Ketchn, and even if you came up a little short on your crappie goal it was still an interesting day. Thanks as always for the ride along!
    Bob
    3 bags of 4 fillets is ok with me , i dont typically store more than about 3 to 4 weeks worth if possible , 12 or more fish lasts a long time and often get misplaced in the freezer in small bags., and to some degree it was actually about making a video anyway .
    that turned out pretty ok i might just add

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool to come home with a mess. What kind of jighead/body is that, looks cool. Your Dobyns rod, do you cast to your target or jig?
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    Very cool to come home with a mess. What kind of jighead/body is that, looks cool. Your Dobyns rod, do you cast to your target or jig?
    the jig heads are from a discontinued line out of gander mountain ,some kinda "pro" crappie heads I think they called them, they were on sale for .25 a pack when they went out of business and I grabbed basically all of them out of the bin .
    1/32 and 1/16 with a light collar and painted ,some yellow with red eyes , some black with yellow eyes , some white with black eyes .
    the plastic is a 1.75 limits tackle split tail in what is often called "ketchn karrot " coloration.
    now even though it mattered big , I failed to mention 5 out the 6 fish I kept hit that specific jig combo and of course about 30 lesser fish as well .
    other colors managed a few here and there but for whatever the reason that color set up was a bite fast when it went down .
    The Dobyns rod was it's first test run , I pitched with it a bit and vertically jigged some as well ,it is a pretty darn nice rod no doubt about it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    the jig heads are from a discontinued line out of gander mountain ,some kinda "pro" crappie heads I think they called them, they were on sale for .25 a pack when they went out of business and I grabbed basically all of them out of the bin .
    1/32 and 1/16 with a light collar and painted ,some yellow with red eyes , some black with yellow eyes , some white with black eyes .
    the plastic is a 1.75 limits tackle split tail in what is often called "ketchn karrot " coloration.
    now even though it mattered big , I failed to mention 5 out the 6 fish I kept hit that specific jig combo and of course about 30 lesser fish as well .
    other colors managed a few here and there but for whatever the reason that color set up was a bite fast when it went down .
    The Dobyns rod was it's first test run , I pitched with it a bit and vertically jigged some as well ,it is a pretty darn nice rod no doubt about it .
    They’re nice rods. Pleas try not to break it!
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    They’re nice rods. Pleas try not to break it!
    Bob
    thats a silly thing to say to me , its ONLY a matter of time sir
    but to be sure there was a day when some sent me free test rods to see if they could handle me
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    just ketched another one today ....this one is some kinda mean .....not sure if it goes free or meets its maker just yet ....has a super poor attitude to say the least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast