Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xpress 18PFC transom Plug question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xpress 18PFC transom Plug question

Bought a new 18PFC delivered in March. I am learning alot because I've never had a boat this nice. Im not really liking the transom drain plug. They gave me a twist type plug. No matter how tight I tighten it, i still have water getting in.not much, but still looking for better option. I do have a bilge pump.....anyone got any ideas?

I posted on BBC as well. Gonna make sure livewell tubings/clamps intact as well.

TomName:  20210501_064241.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  72.4 KB

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

twist type of plug? I am guessing it has the "T" that you turn to tighten the plug or is it a threaded brass or stainless plug?. Maybe buy a new plug and see if that's fixes your problem. I like to keep extra/spare plugs in the boat..My boat has 2 twist type (rubber and stainless) floor drains and one brass threaded at the bilge sump. I have 2 spare rubber/stainless plugs and several of the brass screw in garboard plugs as spares in the boat in case one gets lost or cracks. On the screw in plugs I put a couple wraps of thread tape on threads to make sure it seals. Maybe the boat dealer will give you a plug to replace the leaky one? Always good to have spare plugs on board...
    Last edited by RobertFL; 05-18-2021 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Spelling....

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a boat that was completely dry. Always a little bit of water when you would take the plug out
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, congrats on the new super nice boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks yall. Im pretty proud of new boat....i will try thread tape. I have several extra plugs of the twist "t" type but didnt know if anyone has better option....since im not used to it always fearful it make come out��.....im overkill on stuff like that

William James

Smitty39365 is online now Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Xpress 18PFC transom Plug question

I had the same issue with my boat. Kept having just a little water most of the time... sometimes more than others. Put it in one day, opened the hatch to the bilge and just watched. Sure enough it was the plug leaking around the screw. The plug wasn’t maybe a month or two old. Changed plugs of course and no water... I keep a couple extra on board now for sure. Hopefully your fix is as simple as mine was. Just a coincidence I’m sure but I have a 16 Xpress SS

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

My electronics...
    Name:  20210514_101943.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  71.6 KBName:  20210501_083306.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  63.4 KBName:  20210501_082708.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  89.4 KB

William James
    Likes Smitty39365, Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I am using the thread tape on the metal Garboard plugs not the rubber/metal expandable plugs. I only have to lightly tighten the rubber/metal plugs. I only take out the bilge sump plug to hose out any sand or other small debris out of sump..then I put new thread tape on the threaded garboard plug. Unless you can see water coming in the boat from the plug it could be the live well or maybe water spray over the transome when you are on plane?

Post Thanks / Like

I launch at a steep ramp. I get a little water in when I back the boat in.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I bought me a newer "T" style rubber/brass plug...will look real good next time on water at areas yall mentioned.

William James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast