HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who uses Braid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    My previous experience years ago was SO bad I threw it away and never tried it again.
    Can you elaborate ?

Post Thanks / Like

One issue we have had with braid on the long rods is wrapping in the upper eyes of the rod can be a real pain, especially after the braid has worn in a bit and gotten softer. Pulling a 12 ft rod back to where you can unwrap gets old fast, especially when the fish are biten.
    Likes GreenLine, ~Joe~ LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Suffix 832 6lb with a mono leader for crappie, Power Pro super slick 8 15lb with fluorocarbon leader.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBear View Post
    One issue we have had with braid on the long rods is wrapping in the upper eyes of the rod can be a real pain, especially after the braid has worn in a bit and gotten softer. Pulling a 12 ft rod back to where you can unwrap gets old fast, especially when the fish are biten.
    Yeah... that happens occasionally, I just tilt the rod down and give it a little shake it usually comes undone. But, I can see a 12' rod being problematic .

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Power pro slick 10-15 and mono when pushing jigs and cranks only because Imhave rigs made up with the weights, swivel snaps pre-tied. If the braid raps around top eye..you have too many twists in the line, cut everything off, let a 100-150’ out in the water, run the trolling motor at 2.0 mph for 10-15 minutes with you dragging the line in the water with nothing tied on and all the line twists are gone.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    Yeah... that happens occasionally, I just tilt the rod down and give it a little shake it usually comes undone. But, I can see a 12' rod being problematic .
    Yeah, lowering the rod tip and flipping it in the direction of the twist will undo it easily. Mono can do it just as badly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    Yeah, lowering the rod tip and flipping it in the direction of the twist will undo it easily. Mono can do it just as badly.
    It's been so long that I used mono, that I can't even remember if did also, I figured it did, but you only hear about braid wrapping around tips from people that don't like braid.
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Foxy Jig is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

when fishing at night or over brush, always use braid. Sensitively is better than mono

trolling use mono because it casts better and the boat sets the hook usually

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Slick 8 Power Pro 10# was Awesome to fish with! I'm a convert. Very hard to break off it truly snagged so I threw a 1x2 6 inches long to wrap the line around to break it. Says 10# test but takes 20 pounds to break. I got down to where I was tying with 4 loops on a Uni to make it easier to break.

Post Thanks / Like

RUNCL MERCED braided fishing line15lb

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast