HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bank fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    i never will understand why some folks dont see the entertainment in the other wildlife , it aint just about ketchn fish you know ,,,,
    that almost wet my britches when a python size looking water snake blows up right beside you in the tall grass is priceless
    That has me laughing, and really hard. We have some water snakes that always seem to be in a really foul mood, and you’re right that when they pop up when you almost step on them you really feel your heart beat go up. Always happens a couple of times a year - another reason I like to wear waders. The best snake story I have was one morning at a real deep pool I heard a splash and commotion and then a big black water snake headed for the bank wrapped around a real nice size catfish. Up the bank they wrestled and into the weeds, more commotion and thrashing and then all was silent...
    Bob
    Likes S10CHEVY, Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do all my fishing from the bank. When I feel guilty about spending too much money on fishing, I think about all the money I saved on gas for a boat.
    Likes deathb4disco, JUNGLEJIMJIGS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the simplicity of it: one rod and a pocketful of baits.
    Likes DRFISHDUCK, gillchaser999, Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I like the simplicity of it: one rod and a pocketful of baits.
    Yeah...and I imagine it's less stressful when you get skunked. All you have do is get in your car and go home instead of having to deal with your boat also .
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing the jungles after spring rains flood, just wade in and drop the jig in brush piles hoping for that "THUMP". One time doing this and had several crappie already on the stringer I felt a hard pull on the stringer, then another. Curious, I pulled up my stringer and attached to one of my crappie was a very large snapping turtle, the size that could take a finger off. Let go of the stringer and headed for the bank. Turtle left with one of the crappie. Turtles love Crappie, the only thing we have in common.
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEJIMJIGS View Post
    I love fishing the jungles after spring rains flood, just wade in and drop the jig in brush piles hoping for that "THUMP". One time doing this and had several crappie already on the stringer I felt a hard pull on the stringer, then another. Curious, I pulled up my stringer and attached to one of my crappie was a very large snapping turtle, the size that could take a finger off. Let go of the stringer and headed for the bank. Turtle left with one of the crappie. Turtles love Crappie, the only thing we have in common.

Yep one of my favorite spring spawn spots is full of snakes and snapping turtles. Once I heard about a local gator cruising the waters I have up wade fishing. I only fish it from a jon boat now. I feel much safer.

Post Thanks / Like

If I get out in the boat dont catch a thing its a good day.
    Bank fishing to me equals bug bites, and constant snags.
    I was just spoiled with docks and boats, don't have the patience for it. Although I'm more willing to suffer to bring home dinner with the passing days.
    Just love boats. All boats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like

I think that probably has to do with all of the private lakes which are restricted to homeowners in the subdivision and such. In Memphis, every public lake has a ton of fishing pressure. The privately-owned lakes are over-populated and have stunted fish, but by golly, the HOA keeps the "riff-raff" away.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Same here.

FWIW, most of the world spends a lot of time fishing from the bank. This country has a "boat culture" like few others.

Post Thanks / Like

banking is best when there aint a soul around and its just me and the fish
    it makes my day to figure out how to ketch a herd of them without much in the way of help
    nothing beats getting out of the truck and having a rig set up a way you think will get bit
    and first cast till ya go away it is KABOOM
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    That has me laughing, and really hard. We have some water snakes that always seem to be in a really foul mood, and you’re right that when they pop up when you almost step on them you really feel your heart beat go up. Always happens a couple of times a year - another reason I like to wear waders. The best snake story I have was one morning at a real deep pool I heard a splash and commotion and then a big black water snake headed for the bank wrapped around a real nice size catfish. Up the bank they wrestled and into the weeds, more commotion and thrashing and then all was silent...
    Bob
    once as a teenager i was wading a small stream in se texas ,,,,the yegua its called ,,,,thru private land in the summer
    ketch anything that would bite was my agenda ....sat down to rest and started hearing this here FRANTIC scream behind me in the brush
    me being me had to see and when i got to where it was ON ,there was a real small ribbon snake and it had a large green tree frog by the back leg ....man was that tiny snake devoted to eating it and man was that frog interested in the opposite .
    they wrestled for a good while and there was never a clear winner and after a bit i went on my way ....
    wished em both the best of luck as i went off back down to the water ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234