Pros & cons to each craft. Here's my two cents based on my experience.
I use a sit inside kayak for pulling crankbaits 90% of the time I fish. Running slower by paddle power has caused me to study breaklines, channels, points, and dropoffs more thoroughly, but it takes lots longer to get where I'm going...especially in a thunderstorm. I catch more fish because I only have three speeds; slow, slower, and stop, and that forces me to pay closer attention. I sure do miss being able to bring friends or family along. Like others said, it sure is a pain loading and unloading before and after each trip. No such thing as standing up in it either.

I also caught tons of fish from my old jon boat. Without a proper seat, my heels were too close to my backside. Even a cushion gets old after a while. The 6 H.P. motor and trolling motor helped me get where I wanted to be. A surprise storm with high winds nearly swamped and scared the fool out of me. It made me upgrade boats & pay closer attention to weather forecasts. I really loved having space for a cooler and friends. The coil in my motor chose possibly the worst time the quit and strand me miles from the truck.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes being able to get miles from where you parked in a hurry is great. Other times fishing on a paddle, peddle, or electric only lake can soothe the soul. I hope whichever one you choose gives you years of fun, enjoyment, and adventure, Plus tons of fish!

Jim