Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Line

Post Thanks / Like

New to the board so I'll give my .02.

Right now it is Mr. Crappie 4 lb. camo line. I believe it is one of the better lines out there for the price. Before that I used the Spiderwire mono, it seemed to have too much memory for me.

I rarely tightline in structure so I really like the castability of 4 lb line.

Post Thanks / Like

gamma does make a hi-vis gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gamakatsu Fishing Line

Ran into some Gamakatsu line at BPS recently at $1.99 per 300 yd spool. They had not put it out yet and only had about 10 rolls total but I understood that it was some sort of promotion because they were going to start stocking it. All they had was 10 lb and 8 lb, clear, but it is a copolymer line, smooth as silk and the diameter on the 8 was the same as all of the other monos in 6. Anybody ever use this?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody try the Power Pro line?

Post Thanks / Like

Check out www.grizzlyjig.com we got your Wally Marshall Hi-Vis or his invisible camo line and it comes on a 1/4 pound spool great line and its a great buy!!
    Mr. Plucker

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Prowler ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64
    yeah, we've discussed PowerPro many times over the last couple of years. Just do a search and you should get at least enough posts for a couple of hours of reading time :D

For me, personally, I liked it OK. It has it's pros & cons, like any line does ... but, for a braid ... there's more positives than negatives. It's not a do-all, be-all, end-all answer to line problems ... but, it worked fine for the application I used it for, the most, which was casting a 1/16oz Roadrunner around submerged wood.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Red

I have just started using Cajun Red and I have mixed feelings about it. They say the fish can't see it....well, I can't either! Only use Cajun Red if you are fishing in good light. I was fishing a covered dock behind some boats and missed some fish because I couldn't see my line when it started going sideways. Great line, works fine....just use in good light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64
    Yes we use it in yellow & the new red has been good for cold water in2/10.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Mr.Crappie is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default line

Mr.Crappie Hi Vis , I would have to say so myself. I designed the Mr.Crappie line to have some stretch. I have personally caught big 20 and 30 lb catfish trolling with 8lb Mr.Crappie Abrasion resistant and has a great price. Mr.Crappie line is the number one selling line at Bass Pro in 6 and 8lb test. Try some I think you will love it, alot of angler thinks it will spook the fish, Not!!! Yep I spooked 50 yeaterday and there in my freezer. Please come to Grizzly Jig co next weekend and visit we will be talking crappie!!!!
    Likes Dollfly LIKED above post

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Mr. Crappie camo line. I have used the 4#. Sorry to say, that I just threw away a brand new spool of Mr. Crappie Hi Vis yellow in 6#. I was surprised how stiff it was. I put it on two rods and tried to use it. Springing off the spools. I let it out and tried to get rid of twists and such. No better. I guess the formulation is different from the camo to the hi vis. I returned home and had my son and daugther help me pull all the hi vis off. Spooled on another brand of yellow 6# and it is acting much better.

Dayton

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast