HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jig Color to use at night

Post Thanks / Like

Now this probably won't surprise you, but I highly reccomend a GLOW jig for fishing at night. There are several colors available nowadays, and I'm starting to like the pink glow best. But this season is just starting in these parts. Not sure if we'll be night fishing this summer or not, but I'll be posting it if we do. Just make sure to keep 'em "charged up" and glowing bright, and keep a crappie nibble on the hook. You'll do fine, day or night!
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glowgood Jigster
    Now this probably won't surprise you, but I highly reccomend a GLOW jig for fishing at night. There are several colors available nowadays, and I'm starting to like the pink glow best. But this season is just starting in these parts. Not sure if we'll be night fishing this summer or not, but I'll be posting it if we do. Just make sure to keep 'em "charged up" and glowing bright, and keep a crappie nibble on the hook. You'll do fine, day or night!
    No not a surprise, but I will say that I would be surprised if the glow jigs or spoons out fish a regular jig with the right colors fishing under a Green light. I have toyed with glow jigs and have not convinced my self yet that they will produce more fish. I may get convinced this summer, but that still has to happen and I will tell everyone what I experience even with my glow jigs.

If anyone wants and knows glow jigs work better I would be happy to make them for that person, but I will not tell anyone that they will out fish regular jigs because I have not experienced that yet! I even just ordered more glow material that is the brightest glow material made and is improved over anything that was around before say even 1 month ago. I will give this stuff a try with my glow body jigs. Oh and by the way that body is real feeling while so tough you would have to cut it off with a knife if you wanted to re-do it.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-07-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Most of my night fishing is in the summer and then I do use minnows and jigs at the same time. I use a 3 way swivel with a short line to a hook for the minnow and about 18" below that a 1/4 oz. Jig and it's then my weight and bait. Most of the time the bigger fish come on the jig.

Hey Everyone. Long time listener...first time caller Mr. Obvious....lol
    Im Hardcore crappie on Tablerock lake (4 days a week) and i go nocturnal after the spawn.... nov. thru may. winter morning fishing ... june- oct. night.
    I have killed this winter(mostly trolling) and will soon be slow rolling spinner baits for bass at night and crappie fishing .
    I`ve tried it all over the years... grew up ice fishing northern illinois waters
    and slaying spring crappie as a kid.... been south most of my adult life fishing Bullshoals , Table Rock, Ark-Dardenell, Truman...Buffalo river... Finally settled on TableRock 5 yrs ago.
    Used (pink )minnows, Jigs, Deep fishing , trolling, bobber, and recently been making my own "mean green" jig heads with big googley eyes from walmart, some fingernail polish and superglue.... I`M the guy with a cooler fulla minnows
    outside his door... owns his own company/2 boats and a bad hereditary crappie addiction.

Now that Outta the way...... I agree... I`ve caught BIGGER slabs off my jig.. after a smalller,faster crappie has taken the minnow.... see how that works...

Looking foward to learning more about other crappie anglers` experiences especially nightfishing crappie...

MichaelT........... I am........SpecHunter...
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone

Post Thanks / Like

SpecHunter.... Attachment 10155 From Toledo Bend (Hemphill) Texas!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Skiptomylu,
    AWESOME idea using jig and minnow combo. I'm gonna try that, I night fish with minnows all summer long. cant catch anything when the hook ain't baited...no telling how many more fish I would catch with every rod fishing even if I fall asleep and miss the bait stealers!
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a PM Joe!

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I never use minnows down here in Okeechobee. I just caught 60 New Years night at a set of locks using just about any color jig as long as it wasn’t see through. They were loving a 1 inch black w pink tail panfish stinger by southern pro. And another little 1 inch stinger type jig with chartreuse tail. Tiny baits in really dark Florida water and wore them out! Casting under a bobber and vertical jogging rocks around the edge. I didn’t even have lights besides my head lamp. They had no problem seeing the tiny baits. So yea purple and pink fle fly go go minnow was on fire too.

Post Thanks / Like

In dirty water I would try brown and orange along with what else has been talked about
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Texas Avocado and Tuxedo at night is the norm in my area after the sunsets
    black backs and light bellies
    as mentioned dark brown back and orange belly maybe as well .
    if all else fails drop a bright white pearl with sparkles in it
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

13 years 9 month old thread resurrection. Is that a record?

And, solid black works good at night.
    Likes Slabprowler, S10CHEVY, DV8ed LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12