HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Strategies for Fall Crappies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you this... I am in the same boat (what a pun!). I have fished Harris for Crappie for a couple of years now, sometimes a couple of times a week, and cant buy a bite.
    I have decent electronics, and can find em, but cant catch em. I even went to the dock at Holleman's, dropped a camera in the water, and watched the crappie stare at my jigs. I tried everything to get them to bite, but they would not. They would hover around it, and stare at it, but they would not bite it. I suspect that's what is happening out on the lake. I was surprised to see as many, and different types of fish right at the fishing dock in 6 feet of water.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    I can tell you this... I am in the same boat (what a pun!). I have fished Harris for Crappie for a couple of years now, sometimes a couple of times a week, and cant buy a bite.
    I have decent electronics, and can find em, but cant catch em. I even went to the dock at Holleman's, dropped a camera in the water, and watched the crappie stare at my jigs. I tried everything to get them to bite, but they would not. They would hover around it, and stare at it, but they would not bite it. I suspect that's what is happening out on the lake. I was surprised to see as many, and different types of fish right at the fishing dock in 6 feet of water.
    Sometimes I can catch'em on every cast so they don't have lock-jaw all the time. Late spring, early summer seems the best time for me at least, caught so many one time my son was asking to go home because he's "tired of catching fish" I thought I would never hear those words uttered. Rest of the year it's like playing the lottery.
    Likes clodhopper LIKED above post