HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Moved lakes and kept on hammering .

Post Thanks / Like

I really believe that this year in particular has been tougher on our great fisheries. Live scope is one contributing factor but couple that with COVID-19, recipe for disaster.
    Why do I say that? At least 2 of the smaller lakes I frequent has been restocked just recently this year. I’ve never heard of them being stocked before.
    Why? Numbers are way down.
    Why? At least here locally March- August you could barely get a spot at the ramp to get on the water. 7days a week.
    Remember what happened with toilet paper?

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post
    Thanks NIMROD thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know of 1 guy that catches and kills several limits every week and I know of one guy that catches several limits a week and kills enough for supper for the next day. The common denominator is both use livescope and catch limits several days a week. But what is not a common denominator? Which one between the common or uncommon denominator may be responsible for any fish declines?

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate anyone who post pics or info....to quote Dizzy Dean
    “Ain’t braggin if you done it”

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is I miss D-10 and his valuable information more than got my limit...same pole...same jig.
    Likes NIMROD, Ranger188, DHC, jigflinger, Cmj LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    If you knew how many guys catching limits several days a week you would be shocked . Many try to keep it quiet but fishing will suffer if regs not tweaked . I have had several tell me on other sites and in messages that it they too feel regs need to be looked at . As long as some want to see fishing reports I will post about one a week . I will keep the rest of the days private . You sir are what we call a lurker . In almost a dozen years have made a post every couple years . Feel free to share your knowlege with our group all comments welcome just keep it family friendly .
    Then quit keeping your fish, or keep half a limit and do your part. Practice what you preach. Your talk and your walk are two totally different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes jigflinger, flatbottomarky LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I always heard a lake should be harvested of 30 lbs of any given species per acre per year. I’m probably wrong or forgot the correct number.
    Do the math on the lake you are fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt about it you can catch them. You aren't doing anything illegal so go on and have a good time. We've bumped heads before but that's water under the bridge. Maybe we will cross paths again some day. Best of luck and tight lines.
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been aware of the OP for at least 10 years. I know he can catch crappie as well as anyone= probably better than most anyone. He should be able to because he has said he fishes over 300 days a year. I have never known if he is independently wealthy, on disability, or what- but I had to work and could'nt fish all that often. I have had private messages from him "encouraging" me not to tell when and where I caught fish- on the rare occasion that I do- because " the lake will be covered up with people".. I have had other friends that got off this forum because they got the same kind of messages. We all know that he uses Timmy Tom jigs, Southern Pro chartruese and purple jigs, and swings in 2 pounders with his Huckabee rods. What we never hear is what lake he is fishing or what depth or any other pertinent info.. We do see his cleaning station pics of his 30 crappie limit that he gives away to some needy individual- even though he started off this year saying he was going to release all his fish. I know it is legal to catch your limit everyday, but there should come a point in time that anyone should not have to "prove" that they can catch fish by posting limit pics every other day. It would be really interesting to me to hear where all these 100 to 200 acre watershed lakes are that have 10 guides fishing on them with Livescope. Sorry but I think that is a stretch. Name the lakes.. I would like to find a guide. Do a google search on crappie guides for lake Dardanelle and I bet you won't find 3 of them.

Also, I spider rig- or as the OP calls it " minnow drag" or "trawling" because I have severe arthritis in my wrists and can't cast or hold a jig pole all day like I could 10 years ago. I have had to listen to the critisism for doing that as well.

I do not dislike the OP , but I think he could use a dose of humility and understand that he has nothing to prove on his crappie catching ability. If it is just to stroke the ego, then maybe he should take note as to how people are dropping off this forum. D10 is the most recent example . Do you really think telling the lake you caught your fish in the pics is going to keep you from limiting out on the same lake the next day? I do not. You will always catch your fish-- no doubt in my mind.

Keep pimping Livescope and maybe they will give you the newest and latest version when it comes out and you can even catch more fish than you already do !!

I think I'll just go deer hunt for a while......
    Likes Brush LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Heres my C.A. Story:

One Summer 6 or 8 years ago my coworker and I fished Nimmer weekly and really all we caught were dinks and an occasional keeper. We were learning that lake in small steps you might say but we were having big fun. Anyway, after meeting C.A. on the lake for the second or third time he gave us a few pointers that got us on some real fish and in much more productive water. One particular afternoon, just before dark, we were fishing somewhere around Carter cove and i heard something in the woods and C.A. just appeared like a ghost! He hollered at us and said something like “i said to fish north of the second stob not the first”. Anyway, we moved to where he pointed because thats what you do in that circumstance and you guessed it we caught several dandys right where he said. The guy went out of his way to help out a couple starving pilgrims like us.

I can understand the nature of his concern after reading this thread. I can also agree that he didnt use the most orthodox method of communication but he’s not built that way and I wouldn’t expect anything else.

P.S. covid nasal swabs suck!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You kinda twisted your story a bit . I give people baits and fish about everywhere I fish . But there are lakes that are getting hammered because of social media . It is none of your bussiness what I do for a living . Just jealous cause I can fish all I want . I tell folks on the water how deep and give them baits . Have actually got in their boat or they got in mine for a short instruction '' how to'' and most I never saw before . Someone got their feelings hurt I guess . I actually changed lakes where I was catching because of crowds . I never said I was going to release all my fish . You would be suprized how many I actually released this year . You would not believe how many folks I help through private messages and phone calls . I think social media draws too many if you post actual lakes . I may need to ask slab to shut this bashing thread down . Have good day Gobblerblaster .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast