LOL ... yeah, I've had mine out about 4-5 times so far, and I can tell you for sure that there are way more fish that come charging towards the bait & never touch it, than those that do.

Normally I'm using a 12' BGJP and double jig rig when LS fishing .... it is a lot easier picking out your baits when there's two, than when there's just the one. Today, however, I was just using a 8' BnM FnF rod and a single jig ... tipped with a small minnow. Crappie were hugging the standing timber in a ball, anywhere from 5-15' down, and some would charge out and eyeball the jig/minnow but not take it. I had to jump the jig up about a foot and then let it freefall (sometimes 2 or 3 times) ... and if the line stayed slack, I set the hook & most times brought in a fish. I did see several fish actually hit the bait (felt the thump at the same time), but the wind & boat waves made keeping the jig on the screen very difficult at times. But, that's always been the bane of my fishing ... I can go across the lake to calm water & before I can get my bait in the water the wind will be pushing me in every direction except the one I want to go in.

But. like you say ... it's "fun" and the more I use it the better I get with it.

Luck2ya with your LS ... hope you get'er dialed in and have a Large Time using it !!