Maybe I can chime in here.....

I fish Kentucky and Barkley lakes, multiple times a week on average, year round. I fish stake beds, down trees, rock bluffs, ledges... etc.

All with these high end JDM rods.

I used to fish G Loomis and St Croix, their top lines as well.

Anyone that tries to tell me that the nicest Loomis or St Croix is better quality than my Tenryu or GraphitLeader rods just purely has never held one.

All that being said, no one that fishes this JDM equipment has said its required, and rarely would I wager any of us would say it gives much of an advantage. But to say theyre the same quality as a Loomis or St Croix is objectively false. Anyone with functioning eyes can put they side by side and SEE the quality difference, let alone the feel.

As to the topic of turning a big redear or bass out of brush or whatever... well Ive just never had a problem with that. My 2.3lb actual strength ester line, 2lb actual test mono, etc... never had a problem. Patience and a little bit of know how is all it takes to control a fish in the brush with this light tackle, until you get about 4-5lbs on a bass.But, I also know the secret of that for KY/Barkley... there just aint that many of them anymore since the Asian carp got here....