HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trout/Panfish Magnet Questions

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested here are some pictures and a video of the second time I've ever used the Trout Magnet. I'm a believer. These things worked great for the bluegills in this lake. Also got a couple or cichlids and largemouths on the magnet as well. Awesome little lure.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes S10CHEVY, DRFISHDUCK, zig zag LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

THose cyclids ... do those "eat" same as a gill?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Glad the TMs are working for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappieawlogist View Post
    THose cyclids ... do those "eat" same as a gill?
    They're basically in-between bluegills and bass. I'd equate them similar to crappie in the ecosystem. They do eat similar prey to the bluegill and their young serve as a food source. However, they get way bigger than bluegill and are way more aggressive so the larger ones are excellent predators of smaller bluegill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurLK11 View Post
    They're basically in-between bluegills and bass. I'd equate them similar to crappie in the ecosystem. They do eat similar prey to the bluegill and their young serve as a food source. However, they get way bigger than bluegill and are way more aggressive so the larger ones are excellent predators of smaller bluegill.
    He’s asking, “Do they taste good?”
    Likes S10CHEVY, Crappieawlogist LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    He’s asking, “Do they taste good?”
    lol opps. I thought he was asking if they eat the same things. Yes they taste good. Their meat is nearly identical to bluegills, but I prefer bluegill for one reason. I prefer a higher skin to meat ratio. When I eat bluegill I get more skin and less meat. Cichlids have more meat and bigger shoulders so not as much skin.
    Likes Crappieawlogist LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurLK11 View Post
    lol opps. I thought he was asking if they eat the same things. Yes they taste good. Their meat is nearly identical to bluegills, but I prefer bluegill for one reason. I prefer a higher skin to meat ratio. When I eat bluegill I get more skin and less meat. Cichlids have more meat and bigger shoulders so not as much skin.
    Yep ,that's why it's best to use the smallest chicken pieces to make fried chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

Techo2K ... what do you mean by in tandem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    The jig hook is a little longer, I can get 50 feet with a panfish magnet and Berkley fireline crystal 2 lb line. Also if you use them in tandem you will get much more distance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappieawlogist View Post
    Techo2K ... what do you mean by in tandem?
    I don't want to speak for Techno2000. But using jigs in tandem typically means having 2 jigs tied on your line simultaneously, with one tied several inches to a couple of feet above the other. There are several variations including tying the jigs directly to the main line, vs using "droppers", varying the # of jigs used, as well as the distance between them, etc.
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    Yep ,that's why it's best to use the smallest chicken pieces to make fried chicken.
    Yep, my Mom use to look for and find small chicken “fryers” to make up a batch of fried chicken in her well seasoned cast iron skillets. An old southern gal living in NJ! LOL What I would give to sit down at the old table for one more of one of her batches....Sorry, way off topic.
    Bob
    Likes Yankee Bill, Techno2000 LIKED above post

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast