HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and advice. Thanks.
    Bob
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice Chaunc. We went to potter co. and I tried to do some trout fishing. Water temperatures were way to warm and most streams were not fish able. I saw some trout gasping for oxygen even in the highest head water portion of Pine creek. However Kettle creek was a little cooler and I did catch a fair amount of rainbows one day. We saw plenty of wild life and were able to get away in a very low cv19 area. We left there and camped at Bald Eagle state park. Many boaters and a few shore fishermen. I fished spring creek and caught 2 wild browns. Next day I went to Big Fishing creek at Lamar and caught 4 or 5 small wild brown trout. Does anyone have any knowledge on fishing at lake Howard? Since we had the camper I could not even take my canoe so fishing it was out for this trip.
    On a side note one evening while we were camping at the state park a medium size car pulled in the next camping spot. Seven young oriental folks got out and set up a medium tent. Next on there agenda was to start a fire. After about 15 minutes of heavy smoke one young man came and asked me if I could help him get his fire started. I said sure. I had some kindling and paper and wax shavings to spare.They had bought some fire wood that was bigger then your arm so that is why it did not start. With in a few minutes the fire was burring and they were all great full. I asked them where they were from and he said Baltimore. I asked how long he had been a camper and he replied this is our first time. They were going to the next state park the next day for star gazing that night. I was very happy to help out perhaps a future outdoorsmen.
    Likes chaunc, 6poundtest, S10CHEVY, mchech LIKED above post

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use some pool noodles, on the canoe, then could you tie it on top of your tow vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY View Post
    If you use some pool noodles, on the canoe, then could you tie it on top of your tow vehicle?
    The Aliner has bubble windows on top when it is folded down so I am not sure how that could work. Also after I got there I would have to take the canoe off every time I wanted to put the camper up then take it down and put the canoe on to take it to the launch ans so on. It is just not set up for putting anything on top. But thanks for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

What lake did you catch these fish at.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Unless you’re a golfer, I don’t see why you’d put the rods away during the summer. The fishing is great at this time of year also. Most species get together and form huge schools. They are easy to locate and when found, a blast to catch. A good locator is a must tho. They will help you follow the schools as they roam from spot to spot daily. Some may find a great spot that holds fish all summer long. May not catch as many big ones as in the spring or fall but there’s plenty of good eating size or catch and release too. Protect yourself from the blazing hot sun by wearing light colored clothing and stay hydrated. Go early morning or late afternoon. Enjoy your free time on the water.
    Attachment 380471
    Sent from my SM-A205U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

So you can't tie it on top of the car/truck you use. Wasn't talking about on top of the a-liner.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quaminia View Post
    What lake did you catch these fish at.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Shenango lake in nw Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

You all are making me look bad I have been not been able to get out at all this month. My truck need major work for inspection ,and was in the shop for almost three weeks. So I worked on putting a trolling motor on my Kayak, that way I can fish longer with out killing my back from paddling. and just now got it registered today so hopefully this weekend coming up .. But looks like you all have been having some luck..
    Likes S10CHEVY, chaunc, mchech LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eseaee1 View Post
    You all are making me look bad I have been not been able to get out at all this month. My truck need major work for inspection ,and was in the shop for almost three weeks. So I worked on putting a trolling motor on my Kayak, that way I can fish longer with out killing my back from paddling. and just now got it registered today so hopefully this weekend coming up .. But looks like you all have been having some luck..
    I finally took somebody out with me today. First time since September that we fished together. Put 2 limits of black crappies in the cooler in less than 2 1/2 hours. Most were 10 to 11”. Hope to get out again tomorrow. He kept all the fish.
    Name:  778977E2-62B4-4ACF-B451-6EE0FE1A1D90.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  88.5 KB
    Likes mchech, quaminia, S10CHEVY, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

very nice

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast