HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 146 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1760

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the four “spec” sheets I have made up for my for JDM rods.

Randy, don’t forget about the Eradicator 67 SUL Slow taper.... it’s one neck of a good time. It’s no. 2 for me behind the 610 Luna.

Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  87.4 KB

Views: 491
Size:  85.4 KB

Views: 411
Size:  84.9 KB

Views: 494
Size:  96.4 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Thanks John Scott, PickwickDam thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A LOT of nice work there Yodie. Thank you for your analysis. I love my Little Luna. It is everything you said. Heading out with it very shortly.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I found my way here last night. I'm grateful for the site and this thread. Suggestions please. I want 2 rod and reel combo's. One to shoot docks with and one to cast for crappie. I will be using 1/16,1/8 and 1/4 ounce baits. I got my first JDM bass combo a few months ago and all I can say is WOW. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I forgot to add. I want to use 4 and 6lb line. 6lb line the dock shooter and 4lb on the caster. Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Several people on here shoot with a Major Craft Triple Cross... I have shot with my 6’8” MC TC but I am not a seasoned dock shooter. Several might chime in but I would be a little worried about exceeding line rating and snapping one. Forgot to add most shoot docks with a tubular tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCLA View Post
    Hey guys, I found my way here last night. I'm grateful for the site and this thread. Suggestions please. I want 2 rod and reel combo's. One to shoot docks with and one to cast for crappie. I will be using 1/16,1/8 and 1/4 ounce baits. I got my first JDM bass combo a few months ago and all I can say is WOW. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Jim
    I can help you with a great rod for casting for crappie but I am not a dock shooter and I would be hesitant using an JDM rod for shooting docks. But....having said that....there a couple on here that do it and are very successful at it. What is your budget for a casting rod?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

CDC member ultraslab uses the Major Craft Triple Cross TCX-T682-AJI to dock shoot, and very generously gave me one to try. I agree, it is a great dock shooter, but he has shot docks way longer than I have, so I trust his judgement. I also use a Tict SRAM EXR-66T-Sis, another stiff ajing rod. I would not use 6 lb test on either of them.

Any stiff rod will shoot a dock, but these are way more sensitive, and lighter. That is where these rods shine compared to US dock rods.

I use 4 lb test K9 hi-viz flouro to shoot. I pulled up to a 9 lb large mouth bass from under a dock with it. Luckily it was a floating dock in deep water with no timber nearby.

My advice if you use a JDM rod : (1) do not whack the tip against anything when you shoot (I broke mine and had to order a top section $80), (2) don't boat-lift fish with the rod, (3) don't use the rod to yank on snags, and (4) stay within the line rating of the rod. I almost always use 1/32 oz litewire hook jig heads to shoot, and usually a BG baby shad plastic. HTH YMMV
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    My advice if you use a JDM rod : (1) do not whack the tip against anything when you shoot (I broke mine and had to order a top section $80), (2) don't boat-lift fish with the rod, (3) don't use the rod to yank on snags, and (4) stay within the line rating of the rod.
    Good advice for any rod.
    Likes Alphahawk, jawjatek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Va Crappie Man brought the Majorcraft Triple Cross 6.8 tubular Aji rod down a couple weeks ago to shoot at a dock or two and I picked up the 7.3 version of the same rod and they both did well. We shot and pitched a few floating docks, he used an orange line and I used a yellow braid, both highly visible and under 4lbs. We both used 1/32 as it shoots well and sinks just slow enough to entice a bite. If your budget allows I would consider the Triple Cross as mentioned here and above due to the versatility of that rod. You can use it for all Panfish applications and it will handle most of the small to medium size temperate Bass species as well.
    Likes D10 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yodie View Post
    Here are the four “spec” sheets I have made up for my for JDM rods.

Randy, don’t forget about the Eradicator 67 SUL Slow taper.... it’s one neck of a good time. It’s no. 2 for me behind the 610 Luna.

Views: 483
Size:  87.4 KB

Views: 491
Size:  85.4 KB

Views: 411
Size:  84.9 KB

Views: 494
Size:  96.4 KB