Thread: Let the Rebuild Begin

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good, your making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Slowly yes, but it's getting there. Thanks for the comment.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you where closer, I have a spare tire mount I'd give you. It would cost as much to ship it, as it's worth.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you skunked again for the thought. I'll come up with something, and it will be late June into July before this goes any where so I have time. Eric, AKA jamesdean
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome! I feel ya with the time and money issues! We have two kids in college.
    With the warmer temps coming, wife just gave me a couple more honey doos. If our state lifts restrictions, my part time job will resume, take more of my time, granted, some extra money though. Luckily, for my full time job, I'm an "essential employee". So I'm still working.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I can defenatly feel for you. My boy who lives with his mom in Va, started his must have classes to get them done and out the way so when he starts his main subjects he wont have all the rest to worry about. I'm still paying for him even though He is 19. I'm not considered anything except by the Democrats who say we are not even wanted because we are on Soc. Sec. Disability and VA disability...we are a liability, oh well for them...I am on a set budget, thank fully house payment ended and that free's up some money, but I am applying 90% of it toward other bills trying to get to a debt free point. I am here to tell you some times I just want to say sc*** it and go find me a lake in the woods some where and become a hermit...but life goes on for sure...just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and not sweat the small stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got to spend a bit of time working on the starter on Mothers Day. I got everything hooked up, double checked all the connections then hooked up the battery. Pushed the start button and nothing, notta, zilch. So the fun began, Broke out the multi-meter and started checking everything again. I turned it to volts and discovered the solenoid was stuck as I had 13.03 volt where it should not have been without pushing the button. Found my jumper cable and went from the battery side of the solenoid directly to the starter and bingo, it engaged the flywheel and cranked. So I got on the phone and located me a Marine solenoid. I pick it up today, and hopefully will get this thing working...More to come. Eric, AKA Jamesdean....
    Likes skunked again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got the solenoid and got it on, Thank you Mike B. For the part, I was able to get the starter working. I also have the primer and paint for the trailer, as well as the rear most keel roller, a new light wire kit, and some sealed LED Tail lights and plugs. I just need the rain to quit for a couple of days, (like a week) and the trailer will be done. Friday I go get the primer and paint to paint the boat above the rail that runs down the side of the boat, then get that done as well as that front casting deck rugged and installed...That is where I'm at right now...I think I can see a finished boat soon, as long as I can keep the momentum up...That's it for now, will update as I can. Eric, AKA jamesdean.
    Likes skunked again LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From your pictures I have something else to add to your do list. The bunks on your trailer are supposed to support the transom, not the floor in front of it. This adds stress and will create leaks over time. Look into what woods local to you work best for the bunks as pressure treated will leach through the wet carpet and create corrosion issues. Cypress works well and is available locally to me but may not be so easy for you to find. Sorry brother, but I thought better now than later.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What he said
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast