HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 120 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1760

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Randy. I have taken a lot of your advice on types and actions of rods into consideration while formulating my purchasing plans. I ordered the rod on March 22 from Asian Portal. It got here during the first week in April. I believe the Superior line of rods is Evergreen's newest light game saltwater line. The Salty Sensations Superior "Sharp Cut" SPRS-64UL-T light game rod looks like it might be right up your alley, if you want an UL ajing rod- 6'4'', 1-3 lb line and 0.4-5g lure. It weighs only 49 grams, 1.7 oz.! I did not try to navigate through their freshwater rod lines for trout. I will try to post below a link to this rod from Google translate.

www.evergreen-fishing.com/goods_list/TheSharpCut_02321064_2.html

Keep sore lipping them,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

If I'm not mistaken, at least 3 out of 4 rods you've ordered so far have tubular tips. Any reason for the preference? I've always been curious about opinions on this matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PickwickDam View Post
    Thanks, Randy. I have taken a lot of your advice on types and actions of rods into consideration while formulating my purchasing plans. I ordered the rod on March 22 from Asian Portal. It got here during the first week in April. I believe the Superior line of rods is Evergreen's newest light game saltwater line. The Salty Sensations Superior "Sharp Cut" SPRS-64UL-T light game rod looks like it might be right up your alley, if you want an UL ajing rod- 6'4'', 1-3 lb line and 0.4-5g lure. It weighs only 49 grams, 1.7 oz.! I did not try to navigate through their freshwater rod lines for trout. I will try to post below a link to this rod from Google translate.

www.evergreen-fishing.com/goods_list/TheSharpCut_02321064_2.html

Keep sore lipping them,
    Steve
    Yeah I've been reading about these rods since they came out. I don't think Ever Green makes trout rods....not 100 percent sure but I don't think so. I am leaning either to the 6 foot Sensor or the 6' 3" Super Light Superior.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Great write up. Where did you purchase from? I'm trying to decide which model to get. I have enough ajing rods with stronger power. I am looking to stay as close to UL or even SUL as possible....rods in the 6-6' 4" range. I believe you said this is your 3rd JDM rod? You went to the top of the line quickly...good for you!

Regards
    Great review! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    Steve,

If I'm not mistaken, at least 3 out of 4 rods you've ordered so far have tubular tips. Any reason for the preference? I've always been curious about opinions on this matter.
    For what it's worth: Let me do a disclaimer first. I do not have any JDM UL or L rods with solid tips. As you know, several others on this forum have a lot of experience with them.
    Although my new BC III 69 handles 2-4 lb test line well, I don't have a JDM XUL or Super XUL and can't speak to how solid tips perform in them.
    But I do have a couple of solid tip rods sold in America. I use one of them for dropshotting. The other is an old Lew's 5'6" UL with a solid tip and S.I.C. guides that is about 40 years old. Below are pics of two of my Daiwa Steez rods. One has a solid tip and the other does not. They are both ML power rods. But look at the width of the lure-line ratings. The solid tip STZ ZT 701MLXS is rated for a low lure weight of 1/64 oz.! I prefer tubular for 4 reasons: 1. Longer casting distance 2. Better hooksets 3. Can usually throw heavier lures 4. Seem to feel more vibration down at the reel seat (other people may have different experiences with this.)

Two advantages of the small diameter solid tip rod are the ability to cast a lighter weight, and easier visual strike detection since the solid rod tip moves more quickly and with a larger deflection (movement) when the line moves or vibrates. But I don't know that I can feel the strike down at the lower end of the rod as well as with a tubular. I can see more strikes with the solid tip when dropshotting and I can more subtly shake the lure in place. Rod makers can always make a smaller diameter solid tip than round tip. I have a friend who is a Daiwa dealer and has a repair center. He told me that some of the bass guys would sometimes break off the solid tip with a big hookset. Definitely need to sweep the hookset! This extra fast solid tip Steez doesn't seem to cast heavier lures as far as the other Steez tubular. Solid tip would seem to be better for protecting very light lines. (I have never used any line below 2 lb. test.) Below are some pics of my two rod's specs and a pic of their solid and tubular tips placed side by side.

Daiwa's American arm has a new BLX bass rod line with two different rod action concepts (partly marketing strategies I am sure), they call Sensitive and Limber - "t
    he rods are designed and constructed with 2 Different concepts in mind,sensitive and limber. The SGor Sensitive Graphite models are well suited for worms, jigs and dropshot. Techniques that demand sensitivity, feel and a quicker action. The LG or Limber Graphite models are designed for crank baits, soft jerk baits and stick baits." I assume they are both tubular, but don't know.
    Name:  20200501_065222.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  25.9 KB
    Name:  20200501_070942(0).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  21.2 KB
    Name:  20200501_065749.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  26.1 KB

Hope this helps.

Steve

Likes John Scott LIKED above post
    Thanks s_v thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for some storing and transport options for my jdm rods. Anyone find any that they like? Would be nice to be able to store with reel on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veedo View Post
    Looking for some storing and transport options for my jdm rods. Anyone find any that they like? Would be nice to be able to store with reel on.
    I have a couple of cases from ClearCreek that I like...You have to take handle off of the reel...It works perfectly with my Cardiff reel because it has a folding handle...

Welcome to Clear Creek Fishing Gear - Your next fly fishing adventure begins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veedo View Post

If you look in description of video is the case I use. Not cheap but really protects expensive rods.

Regards
    YouTube
    Thanks deathb4disco, John Scott thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A foam padded plastic case (rectangle) works great for transporting 2 pc rods with reels. Most are around 52". I can fit 2 rod setups in my old Woodstream single gun case, even more in my double gun case. Look for one with at least 4" depth, they range from about $30 up.

For day or backpacking I use a lightweight Alvin Ice Tube 43" long, I can pack (2) 2pc spinning rods up to 6'10" inside the tube. I pad each rod in a polar fleece rod sleeve I had custom made by a local seamstress, cost me less than $25 to have 4 or 5 made. This tube gives protection to the tip and guides mainly, it is not crush proof however. It rides mainly on my day or backpack when I hike into mtn lakes to fish.

For kayaking long distances I'll pack a couple rods in an old Cabelas rod tube with the polarfleece sleeves. Well protected this way and the rod tube floats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Last edited by MtnFisher; 05-02-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Likes PickwickDam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    If you look in description of video is the case I use. Not cheap but really protects expensive rods.

Regards
    YouTube
    I bought the rod case Randy has on his recommendation for my little Luna. Great protection for the rod, reel is on when you hit the parking lot. If you’re in this deep already with this equipment, a had case makes a lot of sense.
    Bob