HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the cord on direct tv help needed

Post Thanks / Like

I cut the cord a month ago. Went with YouTube Tv. Mainly for sports. But like Kelvin they dropped Fox Sports Ohio which I wanted for the Reds games. Looking for other service now. Dish lost Fox Sports now YouTube tv. I’m figuring anything I sign up for will
    Probably drop it also

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks for all the responses. Yea we are currently doing Hulu live so I can watch sec basketball. We have one amazon fire stick and 2 roku. As someone mentioned we have younger kids so do keep some access to the world other than sports. However I’ve noticed with these services it’s even easier to keep an eye on what the kids r watching. I ll try you tube on the tv and see if that gets me all I need. Figured most everyone is looking to cut contract bull as much as possible. That’s my deal. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to cut the Dish Network cord for quite some time myself. If it wasn't for my wife watching so many of her favorite programs... I would settle for a basic package and buy channels when I needed them and cancel them when I no longer needed them. So, I would agree that it's a shame to spend $120 plus every month for some 150 channels and still spend night after night channel surfing through the same ole crap. I cannot wait until someone comes up with a network (internet or otherwise) that includes local programming that shuts Dish & Direct TV down as businesses. They have grown far too big; their customer service has declined more and more every year; and they certainly could care a less whether you are happy with the programming you get for your money or not... just so you keep on paying. My buyer's remorse with Dish Network is peaking, too... No Doubt.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Redge, Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Watching an NBA game now. We have all the channels Hulu offers including local ones. TNT tonight for basketball. Big 10, ACC and Southeast conference and CBS,NBC and ABC and ESPN. Hulu offers lots of sports

Post Thanks / Like

We got a Roku device and subscribed to Hulu Live last Oct. We've enjoyed it so far. Occasional buffering or other glitches but nothing I can't live with. More football than I can watch in one weekend. Shortly after, my wife found another streaming channel called "Frndly" tv. It's got 3 hallmark channels and 3 outdoor channels (Outdoor Ch., Sportsman Ch., and the Fishing channel. All this for less than $60, as opposed to $180 or so with Directv.
    Joshua 24:15

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=tstone;397026Shortly after, my wife found another streaming channel called "Frndly" tv. It's got 3 hallmark channels and 3 outdoor channels (Outdoor Ch., Sportsman Ch., and the Fishing channel. All this for less than $60, as opposed to $180 or so with Directv.[/QUOTE]

3 opposing channels. That has the makings of endless war or two TVs.
    Is that $60 a month????
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

get 28 channels over the air these days, cut cable tv 5-8 years ago, have prime hulu and a few others, beats $180 a month now just the net for $50 I think. others are either free or cheap and could be dropped without problems

Post Thanks / Like

Firestick and will not go back to a monthly pay plan. I kept Dish to over 20 years and paid around 50 dollars a month for their cheap plan. Got the Fire stick and paid a one time cost of 55 dollars. I only pay an internet fee.Watch fishing shows and bull riding all the time Free. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to cut the cord on direct TV, too. But I am doomed! The wife will NEVER give up her soaps on the local networks and Hallmark. I watch encore western channel and the pursuit and sportsman channel.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I see local channels mentioned here for reasons not switching. You tube TV and Hulu Live TV both carry your major local channels. At least where I am at.
    Thanks armyman thanked you for this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast