Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Conway boat lanes

Post Thanks / Like

You could drain the lake dry and make some really nice boat lanes..... btw.... just kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there still a drawdown scheduled for this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenn96 View Post
    Is there still a drawdown scheduled for this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. We won’t have a drawdown until we have secured the funds to renovate the spillway.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, the renovations is going to be a welcome change to the Boat Lanes. The renovations will have a positive impact with all around good results. With Money being the issue I can see the need for Phasing this project. It appears that you guys have put out a couple of the new Color coordinated PVC trail markers up at Gold Creek. I saw from the Interstate what looked to be new markers in the creek channel between the interstate and Hi way bridge. Any one who has dealt with Conway on a regular basis will most likely be very pleased with the progress. I know your focus for this round of stump cutting is going to Be the west side of the lake. Paradise down to Lawrence Landing I figure that to be about 4 miles worth of trail renovation. where will your focus be once you get down to Lawrence landing? Will you head for Gold creek and Caney creek or will you head for Palarm creek up trail 2 or will you guys be looking at the cross trails in this first phase. I am getting lots of questions from my tournament guys, since they know I talk to you guys on a regular basis. These are just some of the questions they have asked me. All of the tournament fisherman we have are very excited about the new renovations to the trails. Thanks District 10 for doing what you can as funding is allowed to make a positive impact to a deserving Lake Conway. On a side note I am curious about the water Beatles/fleas as a means of vegetation control (gator grass). Are they expensive? Are they effective? Will they do a better job on the gator grass than a contractor spraying aquatic herbicide? If I am not mistaken they used these to curb the grass growth in Ouachita many years ago and they were almost to effective.
    Welcome to the home of the, boat eating, trolling motor busting, prop bending, lower unit smashing, stump filled mud hole called Lake Conway.
    Bullet 21xrd Merc 250 Pro xs. "If you think I won"t, Believe me I will"
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We will stay on the west side of the lake and go up Gold and Caney Creeks. If they make it all the way through those areas, we will start working East.

The alligator weed flea beetle was a bust on Lake Conway. The winters here are too cold and they do not survive. We couldn’t get out hands on enough of them on a annual basis to make a difference. That was a different biological control on the Hot Springs area lakes. I’m not even sure what it was. Unfortunately our only treatment plan is herbicide. We are hoping that we have better luck with a new contractor moving forward. Key to knocking the alligator weed back is three consistent treatments within a growing season. If we can do this for several years in a row, it should make a difference. Mother Nature sure likes to throw a wrench in our plans too.

Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    We will stay on the west side of the lake and go up Gold and Caney Creeks. If they make it all the way through those areas, we will start working East.

The alligator weed flea beetle was a bust on Lake Conway. The winters here are too cold and they do not survive. We couldn’t get out hands on enough of them on a annual basis to make a difference. That was a different biological control on the Hot Springs area lakes. I’m not even sure what it was. Unfortunately our only treatment plan is herbicide. We are hoping that we have better luck with a new contractor moving forward. Key to knocking the alligator weed back is three consistent treatments within a growing season. If we can do this for several years in a row, it should make a difference. Mother Nature sure likes to throw a wrench in our plans too.

Thanks for the response Matt
    Welcome to the home of the, boat eating, trolling motor busting, prop bending, lower unit smashing, stump filled mud hole called Lake Conway.
    Bullet 21xrd Merc 250 Pro xs. "If you think I won"t, Believe me I will"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12