New Corto and Other JDM Gear

Got a free afternoon, and some decent weather so I took the new 7.4 Corto for a quick spin in the boat. Needed to run some fresh gas through the old girl and shake out the winter cobwebs. Everything worked as it should, so I put the Diawa Gekajibin MX spooled with the 2lb Nanofil on the new weapon and went in search of something that would bite. Water temps were 49 at the ramp in the channel, so I knew I would have to run way back in the shallows to find warmer water and a possible victim or two. It didnt take long to feel a thump, and the rod bent quickly and held its own, but definitely not a Crappie.
?Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  61.1 KB
Views: 422
Size:  78.3 KB
About a 3lb Drum, wide and feisty, the rod took care of him easily. A nice parabolic bend for the tubular tip Ajing rod, I was casting a 1/32oz jig with ease. I plan to use a 1/16 some also with this rig, just did not need the extra weight today for shallow water fishing. No more bites on the Corto, I picked up the Greenie Weenie TM and quickly scored a Spotted Bass, they will eat anything.
Views: 367
Size:  89.6 KB
The Triple Cross with the 3lb Braid and the low speed Luvias made him famous. I moved into a very shallow and crystal clear creek mouth, switched to a Bison TM and found a good ride from Mr. Smalljaws.
Views: 381
Size:  84.7 KB
Views: 373
Size:  103.8 KB
Views: 282
Size:  48.7 KB
15.5in and a handsome specimen, the mountains of ET made a perfect frame for his pic before being released. The Moon started its journey up and overhead, so I called it a day.
Views: 388
Size:  35.9 KB
The New Corto will have his day, just need the water to warm and rise a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app