HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 75 of 176 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125175 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veedo View Post
    I ordered a few different lines from finesse fishing. 2,3, and 4 pound. Wow this stuff is a different caliber than American 2,3,4 pound. I know the tict Rockin finesse is rated for 2.5 lb line. Has anyone strung it up with something a little tougher, without busting it?
    Just to clarify I keep my drag settings on my rods....when using a super line.....at about 15-20 percent at the reel. It increases with rod deflection. If using a nylon or FC line I will go as high as 50 percent at the reel...but usually have it at about 30 percent. I have watched a ton of videos of the Japanese fishing the areas for trout with area trout rods. I have caught a lot of grief for keeping a loose drag. Watching those videos of those fisherman.....nearly all of them keep their drag very loose using the super lines.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I broke my Tict (IC69-RP-Sis) the second day I fished with it, pulling back and lipping a 15-16 inch bass in my kayak. Snap. I just assumed I shouldn't have done that, and ordered a new top half. I chalked it up as an expensive lesson.

Well, I was wrong. That rod is tough as nails, and has withstood some serious abuse. Oh, I have landed some big fish, giant carp that hit my crappie jig, and a number of "magnum" class spotted bass. I've also shot docks with it when I forgot my dock rod. I even screwed up one day and an errant trailer strap hook yanked it out of the boat and dragged it 50 yards across a rough parking lot, and it survived with a minor re-glue of a guide.

I now firmly believe that the first break was not my fault, and that the rod was defective and/or damaged when I got it. It should not have broken lipping an average bass, on 2 lb test line. A friend has 2 Ice Cube RFs and shoots with his all the time. Tict rods are tough. I'm thinking of getting one of their SRAM ajing rods as a dock shooter.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    That Shimano Soare you have coming looks like it will pair nicely with the new rod. The 4.3 gear ratio is low, and the reel is light weight. You will have a great weapon to sore lip your local finned friends.
    In that price range, it came down to Daiwa Theory and the Soare, and the latter was available in the right size. The Soare came in today and it does pair very nicely with the rod. After all, they were probably developed with the other in mind. The SS spool is so shallow that I do not think it will matter how much line I actually have on it – I do not expect any meaningful effect on the casting distance. I like that.

Perhaps, this discussion of a reel is a bit out of place in this thread. My apologies if that is the case.

Post Thanks / Like

I spun up some 2lb sunline on the ballistic fw1000 and mounted it on the tict. This line is crazy thin. I predict I will have a meltdown fishing with the stuff, but I'll try it! I also noticed there is no hook keeper on the tict, total bummer. Is anyone using an aftermarket keeper?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one that I use, from Diawa, can hook on top or on bottom. Attaches with a rubber O ring. I put mine below the reel to keep from interfering with the line on casting or retrieve. I think Fuji makes on that is similar and available at BPS/Cabelas if you have one local. Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  126.5 KB

Access Denied

DIGITAKA! - Japan Fishing Tackle Store

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes FishSolidATL LIKED above post
    Thanks redearhoosier, Veedo thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I spun up some 2lb sunline on the ballistic fw1000 and mounted it on the tict. This line is crazy thin. I predict I will have a meltdown fishing with the stuff, but I'll try it! I also noticed there is no hook keeper on the tict, total bummer. Is anyone using an aftermarket keeper?
    It is extremely rare to find hook keepers on JDM UL rods. Those in Japan who use them use the Fuji ones Stan mentions.

Regards

Thanks Veedo thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    In that price range, it came down to Daiwa Theory and the Soare, and the latter was available in the right size. The Soare came in today and it does pair very nicely with the rod. After all, they were probably developed with the other in mind. The SS spool is so shallow that I do not think it will matter how much line I actually have on it – I do not expect any meaningful effect on the casting distance. I like that.

Perhaps, this discussion of a reel is a bit out of place in this thread. My apologies if that is the case.
    I do not own any recent Shimano reels, have a couple of the old white Stradics that we’re made in Japan. I like the sound of the specs on the new 1000 size Cardiff Ci+4, low inertia start up, sealed, and loud drag clicker are the highlights that caught my eye. Personally hooked on Diawa, but I suspect that may be another Ford Chevy debate kind of thing in the high end JDM stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Shimano Soare SS Ajing a good rod? What's the difference between that one and the Soare BB rod? I need another Ajing rod.

Edit..What about a Tailwalk Salty Shape Meberu rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    I do not own any recent Shimano reels, have a couple of the old white Stradics that we’re made in Japan. I like the sound of the specs on the new 1000 size Cardiff Ci+4, low inertia start up, sealed, and loud drag clicker are the highlights that caught my eye. Personally hooked on Diawa, but I suspect that may be another Ford Chevy debate kind of thing in the high end JDM stuff.
    I think it is a Ford-Chevy type deal. I own a 2013 Shimano Twin Power 2000 series. It is one fine reel. I lean toward Daiwa....that really came about because of the Luvias line up. There is a 40 dollar premium for the current Twin Power and while it is a great reel....I don’t think it is 40 dollars better than the current Luvias. My plans going forward......are to buy an Exist.....a Shimano Vanquish. But that could change if Daiwa comes out with new Presso Limited. Will be interesting to read a good write up on the Cardiff ci4 + to see how it stands against the Ballistic FW.....on paper the Shimano looks to be better.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Stewart sells a hook keeper on his website. Works very nicely and folds flat when not in use. It's the 2 o rings/plastic keeper setup.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Last edited by slowhand; 03-03-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Thanks Veedo thanked you for this post