HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM reels relating to panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video as always.
    How does the new reel feel in the hand vs your 2015 2004H? I have a 2004H and a 2000 so it would give me a benchmark.
    Also, what size wrench do you use to remove the handle's bolt?
    That sucker is tiny.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Initial impression of 2020 Luvias FC LT 2000S. Here are my impressions of the new reel. In the video my impressions are subdued a little for the general audience. I want to wait for a full fishing trip before I can say just how pleased I am with this reel. But to this audience here who own JDM reels it is a very fine piece of machinery and can hardly wait to get it on the water.

Regards

YouTube
    Randy, another great video. Very informative as usual. I was not home when mine was delivered so I’ll have to wait until Saturday morning to pick it up from the post office. I ordered the 2000S-XH model for trout fishing in the mountains and a bunch of lures ....

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    Nice video as always.
    How does the new reel feel in the hand vs your 2015 2004H? I have a 2004H and a 2000 so it would give me a benchmark.
    Also, what size wrench do you use to remove the handle's bolt?
    That sucker is tiny.
    Thanks

Are you talking about the handle or the tiny allen screw in the rotor shaft? The handle will unscrew with the hand...just turn it backwards.......the tiny allen nut is a .9mm hex. As to the reels and a bench mark. I spent most of the afternoon comparing the 15 Luvias 2004H to the 2020 Luvias. The it hit me...the 2015 Luvias is what I call over engineered. It is very robust and I suspect it will last a lifetime. But I think the 2020 Luvias will last a lifetime also. The 2020 Luvias is just so much lighter in the hand and while I did not mention it in the video the drag is the same as on the Ballistic FW 1000S-P. The Luvais 2020 drag is much smoother than the 2015 model. Less inertia is required to turn the 2015 Luvias...but I suspect that is because I have used it a lot and the rotation is just easier now. I think after a few outings with the 2020 Luvias it will require less inertia. I have been using the Presso Limited for awhile now, and the Ballistic FW, and I have to say I really prefer the lightness in the hand of these reels. So much so I am not sure I want to use the heavier reels......they just feel awkward now.

Regards
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Are you talking about the handle or the tiny allen screw in the rotor shaft? The handle will unscrew with the hand...just turn it backwards.......the tiny allen nut is a .9mm hex. As to the reels and a bench mark. I spent most of the afternoon comparing the 15 Luvias 2004H to the 2020 Luvias. The it hit me...the 2015 Luvias is what I call over engineered. It is very robust and I suspect it will last a lifetime. But I think the 2020 Luvias will last a lifetime also. The 2020 Luvias is just so much lighter in the hand and while I did not mention it in the video the drag is the same as on the Ballistic FW 1000S-P. The Luvais 2020 drag is much smoother than the 2015 model. Less inertia is required to turn the 2015 Luvias...but I suspect that is because I have used it a lot and the rotation is just easier now. I think after a few outings with the 2020 Luvias it will require less inertia. I have been using the Presso Limited for awhile now, and the Ballistic FW, and I have to say I really prefer the lightness in the hand of these reels. So much so I am not sure I want to use the heavier reels......they just feel awkward now.

Regards
    That's what I was afraid would happen. New reels that are so superior to what you currently use, you have to have them. I guess I'll get PayPal warmed up.
    The tiny Allen nut was the referenced item. Looks like Amazon will also be warming up.
    Thanks

Likes FishSolidATL, Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish I had ordered two Ballistic reels instead of one!! The price on them went ballistic...!!!
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just received the new Daiwa Luvias FC LT 2000S-XH from Digitaka today.

My first unboxing impressions:

*Very light and well designed and engineered.
    *Feels extremely smooth and high quality
    *XH (high gear ratio) only shows on the bottom of reel base and not on actual spool (see photo) which got me to panic for a little bit
    *This size 2000S (150g) is very similar to the much cheaper Legalis LT 1000S (185g) but bigger and only heavier by 10g than the Shimano Soare C14+ 500S (140g)

Hope this helps!
    Name:  IMG_1937.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  30.6 KBName:  IMG_1938.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  38.9 KBName:  IMG_1936.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  47.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes jawjatek LIKED above post
    Thanks John Scott thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled the trigger this AM on the 19 Daiwa Ballistic FW LT 1000 S-P for $251.97 shipped from Asian Portal. Not a bad price considering I would have paid tax if purchased off EBay. Was considering the Freams LT since it seems like alot of reel at its low price point. Also purchased the Hedgehog Studio full bearing SHG kit from HedgeHog for the Ballistic. Not sure which line but probably one of the JDM 3lb lines.

This will be mainly a trout reel for my MC Finetail 632L.

Question about the factory drag, is it decent or should I replace with carbon fiber drag washers?
    Likes redearhoosier, John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    Pulled the trigger this AM on the 19 Daiwa Ballistic FW LT 1000 S-P for $251.97 shipped from Asian Portal. Not a bad price considering I would have paid tax if purchased off EBay. Was considering the Freams LT since it seems like alot of reel at its low price point. Also purchased the Hedgehog Studio full bearing SHG kit from HedgeHog for the Ballistic. Not sure which line but probably one of the JDM 3lb lines.

This will be mainly a trout reel for my MC Finetail 632L.

Question about the factory drag, is it decent or should I replace with carbon fiber drag washers?
    You are not going to be disappointed in the reel. The drag washer is the same as in the 2020 Luvias. Nothing wrong with it at all.....but as many of us do we upgrade these reels. I have put the FW LT 1000S-P through the paces this last couple of weeks and am impressed. The stock drag was good enough to land this beast....about a 6 minute battle...drag was screaming and smooth as butter.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes MtnFisher, FishSolidATL, redearhoosier LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried out the Daiwa 18 Freams 1000s for about 30 minutes. I was pretty surprised how smooth the reel was. Pretty effortless and smooth retrieval of 1-g and heavier jigs. I little heavier than the Luvias though. Next time I will bring both, so that I can compare them side by side. I fish were caught in the quick 30 minutes, so I can’t speak to the drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

For those who have a 2019 Daiwa Ballistic FW LT 1000S-P reel....and if you also purchased a 2020 Luvias 2000 size reel the spool from the Ballistic FW LT 1000S-P will fit perfect on the new Luvias.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes MtnFisher LIKED above post
    Thanks John Scott thanked you for this post