HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM lines relating to panfish

Post Thanks / Like

I like to switch lures or jig heads often so I tie my leader or line with a uni knot at home on these:Name:  IMG_8841.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  74.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

For size reference this is a Daiwa jig head 1.5g with size 8 hook
    Name:  IMG_8841.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  74.2 KB

Likes Crappie Pro Wannabe, DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I only problem I see with that style of clip is that it looks like it would catch a lot of grass.
    Likes FishSolidATL LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are neat but where I fish is so full of logs and tree branches it wouldn’t work for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes FishSolidATL LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1927.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  71.4 KB
    Received a nice little package from Digitaka today. I am going to post my first impressions on the corresponding threads for the various items.

As far as the lines/leaders:
    * Varivas Ajing Master Shock Leader 0.5 (2 lb) will be used with my Varivas Ester line 2.3 lb on my UL combo.

* Varivas Trout Shock leader for my mountain stream spinning combo equipped with 8 lb braid Varivas super trout advance

* Sunline FC sniper 4.5 lb Fluoro on my bass rod. No leader

* not sure about the 0.6 (3 lb) Varivas shock leader yet I just got click happy when ordering JDM lines relating to panfish

Likes jawjatek, Alphahawk, MtnFisher, PickwickDam LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that you would choose a 4.5 line. When I quit chasing green fish I was using 6lb mono and smaller baits like a 4” plastic worm and 1/32 bullet weight. Caught more fish than my friends and landed some over 5lbs. Refreshing to know that I wasn’t alone in that thought.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes PickwickDam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Interesting that you would choose a 4.5 line. When I quit chasing green fish I was using 6lb mono and smaller baits like a 4” plastic worm and 1/32 bullet weight. Caught more fish than my friends and landed some over 5lbs. Refreshing to know that I wasn’t alone in that thought.
    That specific number for the line is quite anecdotal actually. First Im able to spool the entire line on the reel with no leftover around the house. My finesse rod is rated up to 6 lb line so I wanted to go slightly lighter. Besides last year I caught a 3 ft striped bass trolling for crappie on a 4 lb test line lol JDM lines relating to panfish and I figured I didnt need anything higher to catch Bass if the drag is properly set.

Likes flintcreek LIKED above post
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of an ester or nylon line from Japan that is the same color as the ultragreen maxima? Or same color as trout sos? I am looking for 2lb, 2.5lb, or 3lb... I haven’t located anything in the darker green color... it seems that I am not to fond of the bright colored line... any help would be appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Does anyone know of an ester or nylon line from Japan that is the same color as the ultragreen maxima? Or same color as trout sos? I am looking for 2lb, 2.5lb, or 3lb... I haven’t located anything in the darker green color... it seems that I am not to fond of the bright colored line... any help would be appreciated...
    Ive tried several brands of Ester. Never seen the green. I had a black line....I think Tict made it.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    The Unitaka area game ester is supposed to be natural clear but I never actually seen the line ... not the darker green color youre looking for but not orange ...

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast