HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuz in his element

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's impressive!

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind explaining why you have the LiveScope and HB units and why the need for the bridge mount under the double mount? Is that HB mega SI?
    I am getting ready to upgrade electronics and researching my options
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice set up. Time to hunt them down.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marine4life View Post
    Would you mind explaining why you have the LiveScope and HB units and why the need for the bridge mount under the double mount? Is that HB mega SI?
    I am getting ready to upgrade electronics and researching my options
    Thanks

The Livescope is to see how the fish react to what I’m doing and to eliminate structure that isn’t holding fish. The Humminbird Helix12 Mega is SI/DI to locate the structure that might hold fish and to eliminate water that doesn’t contain cover. It is also GN3 so it will allow me to run the new Mega360.
    The bridge is to spread out the mounting of the double mount in my aluminum boat floor. It is much stronger and more stable than the regular round base mount you can see right above the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The bridge also raises my units up 4 inches higher than mounting to the floor.

PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes bflowers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post
    The bridge also raises my units up 4 inches higher than mounting to the floor.

Thank you. That helps and is similar to what I was thinking. I am currently running HB gen 1s. This is my plan. I will sell my Ulterra and add the ultrex 36v 112 ( I need the 112 for fishing cats in current) because I want cable steer while fishing docks and timber. I want to addbthe Livescope and a G3 HB mega up front and a Helix 12 G3 Mega SI on the counsel. I haven’t decided if I want the Si/Di or just the DI up front.

Are you able to run the Livescope and the HB at the same time? What about the 360? Any interference?

I currently have his older version mount up front with both a 13 and 6 inch extension and I love it. When single poling I typically fish standing and can adjust the FF without having to bend down. I can see why you have the bridge now and I will likely add that as well.
    Do you power the two up front units off the crank battery or do you have a dedicated battery? I was thinking of adding another battery up front if I can get it to fit.

Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is set up with 5 batteries. 3 Trojan 1275 golf cart batteries are dedicated to the trolling motor and nothing else. They are under the center console. The engine has a series 24 cranking battery for it and all accessories on the dash like lights, aerators and recycle pumps, double auto bilge pumps. The electronics are run off a series 29 deep cycle battery that powers strictly electronics. Rickie installed a 12 position fuse box near the bilge batteries that all 4 of my GPS chartplotters are wired to as well as the black box for the Livescope and we just pulled a wire for the Mega 360 that is coming as soon as Humminbird gives me the word. Rickie and I feel the best way to keep interference to a minimum is to feed each unit separately from the battery fuse panel. No power is spliced in. Excel built five 2" plastic tubes into the hull so wires can be pulled from the battery compartment to the console or to the bow easily.

Good luck with your plans. Each boat is different and the best thing to do is see how others set their boats up or research the net for ideas and think things thru before you start pulling wires.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes hdhntr, Clint LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12