HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Gadget

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    MY winder is not sophisticated. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to line a reel shaft with a target and push a button. Made in America. ha
    If I fished like Doug (M R Dux) with lots of reels and thousands of yards of line, I definitely would have one of your motorized reel machines. I got my doohickey just to keep from holding the spool with my feet when I need to re-line.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is what you told me at the shindig and that I believe. I made this rig for my use, so I put it out there for everybody to judge. I appreciated your input at the shindig.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I have discovered a new line winding gadget. I use very light line, usually 1# or 2#, so I respool often as line that light does not hold up for very long. I have used a variety of ways to hold the line spool while filling the reel. From the pencil between my feet, held by my toes to a home made wooden stand. After this year's Shindig, which is West Kentucky's yearly get together where Cane Pole demoed his new electric winder I went looking for something a bit less complicated.

And I found this:

Attachment 360359

When set up and held upright the spool rotates as you fill the reel, eliminating line twist.

There are a few videos on Youtube showing it in action. It works very well.
    One note: There are multiple sellers on the web, some charging much more than others. I looked for a while and found the least expensive to buy one. The link is below.

Line Winder Link
    Thanks a bunch. Needed this and did not want to spend my kids inheritance (smile).

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12