HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women, children and crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I love that idea! Great fish and even better are those memories you captured!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Because you showed great patience as I dropped too slowly, bonked them on the head, or didn't "follow the arrow". But you directed me to the first 2+ pounder I had gotten in about three years. The best part was having such a cordial guide.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not give tooooo much praise cause C2 might get the big head or sumpin.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool idea making the poster with the stats, I like that idea even better than a mount and a lot cheaper too.
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Redge did all those pictures for me on metal, which seems to add depth etc to the photo. I think it was his idea to put the kids names and fish weights on the pictures and when I forgot the weight of Paiges fish it was his idea to make the only girl up there have the heaviest slab! She is really proud of that. My intention was to give these pictures to the kids but their grandmother, TuTu, liked them so much she decided to hang them in the dining room! Tomorrow we will have all 16 of them here and I added several more hogs to PoPos Pond last week. The minnows are bought and the rods are rigged so I’m hoping to put another grand or two up on the wall. Here are several that went in last Monday. I have to keep adding more because I think the blue cats I put in may prefer slabs to Shad. Here are 2 that weighed 38 pounds the FIRST time we caught them. The last time we saw one I removed 8 hooks from his mouth! Those Zebco 33s never had a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! That Striper made dinner for two- twice. I meant to post this picture of the luckiest? Bass in my pond, who looks like he got a little too close to a big blue. We do have one in there that started at 49 pounds.
    Likes Redge, Smitty39365 LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that bass did get lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool post, in a lot of ways!
    Likes Smitty39365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

OUCH!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The kids swarmed the pond this week but only caught bass so my son Zeke and I took the older ones out on the boats. Once the wind eased up we caught some really good fish and as a bonus I was able to finally put all the kids on Zeke’s boat so son Zane and I could catch a few right before dark. We fished one lake til about 2:30- released those fish where we caught em- then drove to another spot for the last 2 hours of the day. For some reason Zeke had a hard time catching fish ( supposedly the kids were disruptive) but among the 6 of us we boated 8 pretty huge fish and then did a release video - for FB I imagine. My son is employed selling fishing electronics and is in his 30s so if it ain’t on social media it didn’t really happen. It was actually a tough bite on Wednesday as fish were mostly lock jawed but we found some good ones and the grandkids all had a big time. As a bonus one boy hid in the back seat of Zeke’s truck en route to Lake Two and about 20 minutes in sat up and quietly said boo. My son thought he was alone up to that point and still seems a little jumpy to me. Since the pond crappie are on hiatus for now we will turn all the bigs loose where we catch em until after the spawn. We hope to catch a 3 pounder some day which will never happen if we eat all the 2 pounders. Live scope is threatening to make 2 pound crappie an endangered year class so I hope that catch and release continues to catch on.
    Likes Redge, Crappie Reaper, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast