HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKs Crappie Catching Adventures View Post
    You covered something I've thought about myself and that's what's different with the band LS send down in the water from the rest of the units...
    Don't take it that I don't think it's a useful tool, I just don't think the price matches it's output nor benefits......
    Yeah, the price point is a concern for many, and even for those of us that "could" afford it.

The LS sonar ping is 530-1100kHz ... the current draw is a max 58 watts, which is 4.83 amps/hr on a 12v battery.

Here's the explanation of how the LS differs from other units : To get a firm grasp on the tech involved, you first have to remember how traditional and CHIRP sonars work. Traditional sends out pings, one after the next, of a certain frequency. CHIRP goes one better, by sending out a rapid series of pings through a range of frequencies. But instead of sending an individual ping or a series of pings, LiveScope blasts out multi-frequency bursts all at once. It does so via three different forward-looking elements in the transducer, each at different angles, arranged into a fan-shape array. LiveScope’s GLS 10 black-box processor then stitches all of the different transducer returns together, into a single image. This then gets projected onto the LCD screen.
    Thanks Slabprowler thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice....... I'll eventually end up with it or similar but only after the price comes down..... way down....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with SK, time on the water will fix the need for this. I love side image for finding fish. I can scan a brush pile and move on, if the brush has fish I drop a bouy and fish it and with in a few casts I'm on them. This isn't a tool to find fish just to look while casting or spider rigging. I have fished with a guy that had it but I wasn't impressed. I see way to many guys buy expensive equipment thinking it would make them a better fishermen. You have to learn to fish before these tools are going to help. I agree the price is waaaaay to high right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes DRFISHDUCK, crappierebel, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like to fish and I like to play video games. Now I can do both at the same time. And I have spent more for toys that I didn't like nearly as much as this. It all depends on what you want to spend your money on. As far as SK goes, I don't think he has spot lock either. So that tells me he is a very good fisherman that is very tight with his money. I'm pretty much the opposite and glad I'm fortunate enough that I don't HAVE to be either to survive. If I had to be I'd probably go hungry I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Redge, chaunc, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tev8514 View Post
    As far as SK goes, I don't think he has spot lock either. So that tells me he is a very good fisherman that is very tight with his money. I'm pretty much the opposite and glad I'm fortunate enough that I don't HAVE to be either to survive. If I had to be I'd probably go hungry I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!I think I'm in a Love / Hate Relationship!

I have spot lock, actually just upgraded my TM to a Ulterra....
    Tight is a understatement.....I want to retire and be happy and it takes money to do that......LOL
    I should have upgraded my TM a long time ago but.....
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I live on the gulf coast and love to saltwater fish jist as much as i like to freshwater fish. I don't have any problem catching my share of fish. I love to catfish, bass fish and crappie fish. I bought the livescope in jan of 2019 and I'll never go without it ever again. It is absolutely Taylor made for crappie fishing. I don't always keep everything i catch. I don't always catch a limit, but i love watching the reactions of the fish, be it crappie, bass or catfish. Its extremely educational to say the least.

I never in a million years thought a little tiny 1/16th oz jig would scare a school of crappie to DEATH!!!! just by slightly jigging it, and watch them all swim off in horror. I've witnessed it dozens of times now with livescope. If you bomb the school with a minnow or jig its over. I have found that if i lower the bait to about 3 to 4 feet above them, then very slowly ease it down from there and let them see it on THEIR!! Terms you're gonna have supper. I was shocked at that. I have learned more about crappie and their habits in the last 10 months than in the last 60 years. It is absolutely amazing at what you THINK!!!! you knew, before livescope. Because what you THINK!!! you knew can now be thrown out the boat for the most part because livescope is gonna educate you on reality. It's amazing!

I use it to target big catfish in the log jams in the rivers, now that is a blast watching a big ole yeller come out and suck that perch right down!! I'm telling ya it is or a big blue come out after a cheese ball or a slab of carp.
    Livescope is a phenomenal educational tool and it's a load of fun to.

We're only on this earth in body one time. Live, have fun, screw that money when you're having fun. You might not be here tomorrow. Have fun today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner345 View Post

I never in a million years thought a little tiny 1/16th oz jig would scare a school of crappie to DEATH!!!! just by slightly jigging it, and watch them all swim off in horror. I've witnessed it dozens of times now with livescope. If you bomb the school with a minnow or jig its over.
    I've actually been told that very thing by a friend that uses Livescope. It amazed him, as well !! I've also been told by him that, at times, when you catch a fish out of the tree/brush the other fish sometimes will re-position themselves to the opposite side of that cover & away from you & the fish being dragged away.

Fished with him a couple of times .... Pushing jigs & casting jigs .... and watched the fish come up to the bait, check it out, then either grab it or turn and go back to the cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I’d be closer to $110.00 per head if I kept up with it. I know you’re joking but it’s an expensive hobby if you’re like me.

Here’s the reality of the situation for me. I grew up on a farm where my parents believed that if you weren’t working, you were committing an abomination. My dad is 74 years old and still works 10-12 hours per day. In my 48 years he’s been fishing with me once.

I decided early on that there’s a balance to work and play. I want to be a successful fisherman. Success means catching. I want my son to experience catching lots of fish. In order to shorten my learning curve I’ve spent a lot of money on gadgets. If you can get my without them, great for you. Your a better fisherman than I am. I still struggle even with all the gadgets but at least I’m not taking a stab in the dark like I was a couple years ago. I don’t borrow money to buy toys and if I can afford something and I think it will help me catch more fish, I get it.
    When I started golfing, every drive was a slice to the left or right. Couldn't get that ball to go straight to save my life so I signed up for a class. The person next to me, who also signed up for the class, had a set of golf clubs worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars compared to my used cheap set brought off of Craigslist. He was slicing just as bad as I was.
    The golfing instructor, after observing how bad I was, walked up to me. I'm right handed and the instructor was left handed. The left handed instructor took my right handed driver, flipped it upside down, and sent that golf ball straight down the course. It taught me a valuable lesson. A bad golfer, even with cheap equipment, but with the right golf instructor and practice could outplay someone with much more expensive gear. Every year, golfers chased down the latest and greatest golf gear/gadgets, thinking that it would improve their game. In my opinion, what they need is to find the right golf instructor and to put in the practice hours to be a more successful golfer.
    To be a more successful fisherman, find yourself a fishing mentor with a wealth of fishing knowledge. A mentor will cut down your learning curve. Time on the water is important as well. If you want proof, tried this. Go fish a new lake by yourself with your electronics. Afterwards, hired a good and knowledgeable fishing guide to take you fishing on that same lake with electronics. The difference will be night/day.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a matter of being able to catch fish. I'd be willing to bet you 99% of the tournament fisherman that have livescope were pretty good fisherman before they bought it. Yet they have it now. It is another tool just like your 2d sonar, DI, SI, crappie nibblets, slab sauce, and spot lock and whatever else you have. The problem some of you have is the price tag on it and justifying spending that kind of money for a tool you don't NEED. You can justify putting that crappie nibblet on your hook because it's cheap and within the budget that you have set for yourself. What your failing to realize is not all of us look at it as s master of NEED. It's a matter of WANT. We wanted it. So we bought it. Is it a cool tool? Heck yes!! Did we HAVE to have it to catch fish. Heck no!!

The same can be said about boats. Nobody had to have a boat to catch fish but you have one. And if you have one all you need is a canoe or Jon boat but I bet the vast majority of you have something bigger and nicer to fish out of and none of you NEEDED that bigger boat to catch fish. You WANTED it. And we all have different wants and how much we're willing to pay to get them.

Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I've actually been told that very thing by a friend that uses Livescope. It amazed him, as well !! I've also been told by him that, at times, when you catch a fish out of the tree/brush the other fish sometimes will re-position themselves to the opposite side of that cover & away from you & the fish being dragged away.

Fished with him a couple of times .... Pushing jigs & casting jigs .... and watched the fish come up to the bait, check it out, then either grab it or turn and go back to the cover.
    All facts!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast