HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Check this out. Tournament cheater caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Al lot of the big tournaments do give lie detector tests
    It is a shame it has to be done. But there you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbush View Post
    Up until this year, I always thought that everyone used the same boat ramp to fish out of.
    I don't fish tournaments, but I thought the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    The only thing that will slow down the cheating is a tournament official on each boat. And then only of said official is above accepting a bribe to look the other way
    That's right. Look at the big bass tournaments, they've been doing it a long time now.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the tournament, and the one a few years back where the same thing happened... it’s definitely disappointing when you have to change a strategy to catch-up to a weight that didn’t occur on a level playing field. However, unless you win one of these tournaments, there is no real money in Crappie tournament fishing (including sponsors). That being said, you have to take a lie detector test for the top prize in CUSA and ACT (which has spotters), from a professional, so I don’t think cheating is common amongst these circuits. As a matter of factor, Crappie anglers that follow these circuits are 90% of the time GREAT people, which is why it’s hard to see someone trying to tarnish that reputation. That being said, I went through the anger and wonder, but this situation is like all things in life... you can only control you, and decide your own legacy... everything else falls into place.
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Imo sorry it happened but glad he got caught. Too many suspicions in past and as they said where there is smoke usually a fire starts. His greed got the best of him. He will not recover from this for some time. I like to win but I like to do it the right and fair way.
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What's sad is.....he is really a good fisherman and probably could have been a champion the right way in time....but now he will never have a chance. The devil is working on every one of us daily on many different things. We just have to be on our toes and fight him off. I hope this is a wake up call for this man and wife team. Eternity only has two choices , we all have to chose wisely.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes strmwalker, kycreek, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post
    Thanks crp4570 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On that note, maybe we close this thead. It's is done. Any more is only
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Thanks M R Dux, ichabod thanked you for this post

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345