HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Check this out. Tournament cheater caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't his wife his fishing partner?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes up2specks LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this and when I saw the photo of the guy I thought it was the guy taking jabs at me from another state frequently . they look like clones and are both "professionals" sponsored by many big names in the crappie "industry"
    I now wonder if its possibly in the dna to be a jerk or if its just something people who are driven to make money do as part of the money making program .
    I was in a small crappie tournament twice that had 100 % pay out figures of a few hundred dollars and both times some of the winners were cheating bigtime and several folks including myself saw them . they went so far as to meet other anglers on the water and get fish given to them and even pick up a third person off a dock to win a few hundred bucks .
    now mind you our team won 4 the place out of 28 teams and I am pretty sure that another one of the teams above us also cheated in that tournament .
    there is a mind set in some folks that just isn't right and that's how humans are in many cases .
    this is one of the many reasons that even though I have been approached many times to be sponsored and given the equipment to compete and be on "pro staffs " that I have always taken a step sideways and avoided .
    I am sure some of the competition folks are nice guys ,but for sure for every nice one from I have seen there is at least one or more that are quite the opposite .
    sad but true
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes silverside, Fastdrop LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is online now Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I have been thinking about this all night since I read the initial post. It is bothering me the choice made by Mr. Turner and really what this man and wife need is our prayers. If we can just pray about the situation and ask God to intervene in his heart, ask for forgiveness and help to ease his burdens from his poor choices we are providing the greatest gift we can. After all Jesus forgave our past, present and future sins on the cross and even though I was in no way involved in the tournament I forgive Mr. Turner and hope others can find it in their hearts to pray and forgive as well.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Up until this year, I always thought that everyone used the same boat ramp to fish out of. You can only wave a steak in front of a tiger so long until he takes a bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When money gets that high, unfortunately there will be dishonest people that want it at all costs. He'll now have to live with his choices and the realization that he threw away everything, including his integrity, for a few bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is bigger than the guy getting caught cheating. I am guessing he justified it because he knows of others that cheat..... just a guess and not saying it is true but could be true.

The only solution going forward for the crappie tournaments is to only allow participating anglers to use one place to launch and return. Bit this still would allow for cheating if someone just can't help themselves. The only real solution is for their to be a judge in each boat that is participating and have each fish weighed and released. Angler with the most weight wins.
    Likes Smitty39365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that will slow down the cheating is a tournament official on each boat. And then only of said official is above accepting a bribe to look the other way
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes SuperDave336, Smitty39365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was crappie fishing not too long ago and a guy I know was bass fishing he said he had a bass tournament on this lake that coming weekend. He said he was fishing for one big fish the day I saw him. Big smile on his face. Can't even attempt to stop cheating without an official in the boat. Maybe if you had the winner take a lie detector test........................

Post Thanks / Like

I guess camera and gps tracking could stop a lot of it.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastdrop View Post
    I was crappie fishing not too long ago and a guy I know was bass fishing he said he had a bass tournament on this lake that coming weekend. He said he was fishing for one big fish the day I saw him. Big smile on his face. Can't even attempt to stop cheating without an official in the boat. Maybe if you had the winner take a lie detector test........................
    Al lot of the big tournaments do give lie detector tests
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast