Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jighead paint

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, Grainger has the 4" unthreaded spigot plugs you need for the base of your fluid beds.

Post Thanks / Like

Fluid bed??

Post Thanks / Like

A "fluid bed" is a nice little contraption that allows air to be pushed through powder paint making it like a "fluid". Makes for even coverage of paint. It's fast and easy. Check out SK's youtube vid on painting jigs and how to build one.

Post Thanks / Like

This is gonna be my first attempt using enamel paint. I was checking powder coat paint before but it is quite a step and equipments. I know powder coat would last longer but this will be use as my casting jig and occasionally hopping on the bottom so I hope it would last me long enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Fingernail polish works better then the enamel paint set. No base coat, cheaper and less clean up.
    Likes PannieJoe, fq13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the feedback ! Glad I found this site. You guys are great ! I took long trip to Idaho had no cell service in the mountains. I sure missed keeping up on everything on here. Sure do learn alot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes wannabe fisherman, fq13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

dollar tree with the big glitter is good and I like the bright orange and the hot pink .
    a jigs life span isn't terribly long and to create a work of art and lose it first drop is a bit disheartening
    I tried powder painting some and thought it isn't any faster or easier for me and again I say this about that
    nail polish
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I am all about Revlon nail polish from Wally World and then hard as nails over it. maybe glitter if I feel fancy, but I gave up on that. Seriously, I am trying g to catch fish, not fishermen and the fish don't care as they have only a few seconds to see the jig anyway. No heat gun or oven.
    I spend the money on Crystal Flash and tinsel, rabbit strips and rubber legs. The fish is just going to notice the head's color, the rest is the action of the body. YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve bought fingernail polish at dollar store, Walmart and Five Below. Five Below has some really cool metallic and funky colors for cheap if your looking for something besides plain color. Tons of choices in fingernail polish but pay no attention to the look people give you when you shop and buy it.....lol.
    Likes fq13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It gets worse. As I get older my nails have gotten softer, to the point where I can tear a nail opening a soda can. Finally it occurred to me, gee, maybe I should try this hard as nails for something more than jig and fly tying. Darned if it doesn't work. I have yet to paint my nails chartreuse though.��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast