Call Jamie and get you a fluid bed to start. Then using heat gun heat head by slightly rotating head side to side for a count of 5 just dip in paint. Check your coverage then adjust your count up or down by one each time until you get the best coverage. It just takes practice. I have found every day is different based on air temp and humidity that affects how quick head heats and how well paint flows. I keep a coffee cup of water at my paint station. As soon as I dip in paint I watch for paint to slick over then dip in water to cool so easier to handle hook. Then I hang them on a rack until I have finished painting all I’m going to do. Then I sit with my old pocket knife and clean any excess paint from eyes. The cooler you can get the paint to cover the easier it is to clean excess off. Then I bake. Attached are a picture of my forceps and knife. Yes it’s a bit tedious but I can’t stand paint in eyes or on barb for plastics. Practice, Practice and more Practice and there are lots of guys way better than me at painting.
Name:  105DECAE-996A-400D-9860-CDDFC96A7664.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  61.7 KBName:  4D105131-5B20-4F19-8E02-43BB34D928BD.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  58.6 KB