Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nite stalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there last night as well and caught a few in 15 feet of water. Actually starting catching them by accident. I was primarily after catfish and I was throwing the cast net (about 10pm) for shad and white perch but ended catching 4 or 5 crappie by accident. So I figured I was in a good spot and put the lights in the water. Caught 20+ crappie on shad on one side of the boat and 15 cats on the other side. Ended up leaving about 2am but overall pretty good night.
    Likes mac crappie, BigDawgg, kilacam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kilacam View Post
    We were at the bridge so if youre still out there I would give it a shot. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow
    I've never really tried the bridge before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes kilacam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few people catfishing on either side of the bridge and I saw them catching some cats as well. The bait was in there thick. I didn't have a lot of shad around the lights, but I did have a lot of tiny minnows with some scattered shad. However, the small shad were all around us. On the way out I would shine the spot light in the water and everywhere there were very small shad. Water temp was about 87 near the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kilacam View Post
    There were a few people catfishing on either side of the bridge and I saw them catching some cats as well. The bait was in there thick. I didn't have a lot of shad around the lights, but I did have a lot of tiny minnows with some scattered shad. However, the small shad were all around us. On the way out I would shine the spot light in the water and everywhere there were very small shad. Water temp was about 87 near the bridge.
    I had plenty of shad around my lights big and little. The 2 biggest ones we caught had their stomachs were full of shad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12