Several people have asked me how I see my jig while fishing. Also how to see their partners jig. It’s not hard after you catch on to it.

I set the livescope on forward when searching and on downscan when fishing. Remember the transducer beam is very narrow and will not show a jig that’s not in the beam. When transducer is aimed forward screen will show what’s directly in the beam only, both forward and to the rear. It’s not where the boat is pointed, it’s where the transducer is pointed.(see figure 1)

FIGURE 1

If both fishermen are in the front of the boat (preferred) set livescope on downscan and point the transducer to the left and slightly toward the rear. The fisherman on the right can fish slightly forward and to the right. The left fisherman can fish slightly toward the rear and left.
Both jigs should show on the screen. (see figure 2)

FIGURE 2

When one fisherman is in the front and the other is in the rear aim the transducer slightly left and to the rear. The front fisherman can fish forward and to the right and the rear one to the left rear. Both jigs should show on the screen. (see figure 3)

FIGURE 3

If the right hand fisherman’s jig shows on the left side of the screen just rotate the transducer 180 degrees.
This can be confusing at first but you will soon get the hang of it.