HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulling crankbaits off front of boat?

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of great insight and information here, thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do it any other way. My rod holders are mounted on the sides of the boat. A 4 pole holder on each side. I sit on the front at face the stern. The biggest benefit other then boat control and the trolling motor getting bite due to the weight on the bow is when it gets hot during the dog days of summer you can have the umbrella up and when a pole bends grab it and walk to the back of the boat and land the fish then get back in the shade.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to watch out for if u leave your big motor down put it in gear so the prop won't spin. If the prop catches your line and it spins talking about a mess.
    LittleJohn
    Likes GREENFISH, minnowtime, Dutch552, Jman5626 LIKED above post
    Thanks chulai1968 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    One thing to watch out for if u leave your big motor down put it in gear so the prop won't spin. If the prop catches your line and it spins talking about a mess.
    LittleJohn
    This!!!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

That's one I always forget. If I ever wind up the line, I' sure it will be a lesson I won't forget!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, when you are pushing cranks do you have a barrel swivel and egg sinker ahead of a leader to control depth or just the crank by itself. I would think using a swivel and egg sinker along with a floating rapala or the like would be deadly. What are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    I wouldn't do it any other way. My rod holders are mounted on the sides of the boat. A 4 pole holder on each side. I sit on the front at face the stern. The biggest benefit other then boat control and the trolling motor getting bite due to the weight on the bow is when it gets hot during the dog days of summer you can have the umbrella up and when a pole bends grab it and walk to the back of the boat and land the fish then get back in the shade.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yep,thats how i do itName:  20190427_140641.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  53.8 KB

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Pushing cranks tends to not work in the northern locations. Just like spider rigging. Our water is much too clear and many of the fish are simply boat shy. For this reason, many pull out the back of the boat and incorporate planer boards into the spread to get the offerings away from the boat. I would love to be able to push cranks as it would be much easier to manage multiple rods without having to clip on planer boards. Much more effective technique for sure. It just isn't possible with our water clarity in most lakes.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12