HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PICO Crank Bait FUNNY STORY Contest #032919 - ends on 4/30/2019

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I've got video proof of this one! LOL. Years ago I was fishing the Ohio River in January and was reeling in what I thought was a giant blue catfish. I finally get it to the boat...and it's 2 fish! I had caught a small blue cat and then a spoonbill had got wrapped up in my line!

Post Thanks / Like

My dad who taught me and was my fishing buddy were fishing at Lake Lucas in the winter time. We both had insulated coveralls on and were trolling along the bank casting looking for bass or anything that would bite. I happened to throw up into an overhanging tree and we went over to get it. Couldn’t quite reach it so told dad hold the chair and I would step up and grab it. Well around swings the chair and dumps me right in the water boots and all. Once I surface and scramble back into the boat with the help of my dad the laughter starts. Well I’m blaming him, he’s blaming me we are both laughing. It’s not cold ( I’m freezing) let’s keep fishing. Nope my dad knows better so home we go. I can’t even remember if we got the lure or not but I will never forget this memory of many I have with my dad. I miss him everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Going camping this week, and trying to figure out a way to get my boat there. It will be my first time pulling something this big, 33’, so not comfortable with pulling behind the camper. I am going to try to cram two 10’ yaks somewhere, and fish with them. Bought the yaks for others to use, and haven’t used them myself. My usual yaks are much longer, so going to try these. Not funny now, but probably going to get funny in a hurry!Name:  IMG_0198.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  160.4 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1307.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  209.8 KBOur dog goes crazy when we hook a fish! She wants to see, smell, and bite them! A couple of weeks ago, she fell in the livewell trying to get em!

Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0962.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  188.8 KBOn the rare occasions that I pursue other fish, my second passion is wild mountain trout from GSMNP. On one of those days, my hiking had been intense. I was able to sleep on a rock!

Post Thanks / Like

3 years ago, I checked my son out of school early to go fishing. We get to the ramp and both of us are really eager to get out there and catch some fish. I put him in the boat, backed it in and got in to troll to the dock so I could park the truck. I was trolling to the dock and was gonna cut the boat around and tie it off. I thought the boat was far enough past the dock that I could go ahead and cut it and pull right along side. I cut the trolling motor and the boat hit the dock and sling me over the side. I still had ahold of the trolling motor rope, so I gave it a tug to right myself. It's a shallow dock, so when I stood up, my son was on the front deck of the boat and his first words were, "I didnt know we were going swimming today!!" 4 year olds have a way with words sometimes. I can laugh now, but I lost a phone and a can of snuff out of that swim.

This is the boat it happened in.

Likes Snagged again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No pics
    I was a young seaman home on leave and myself and a 2nd cousin plus a buddy went fishing in Briar Creek which is pretty small. Jerard my rich cousin had gotten a new Browning auto shotgun for Christmas and turns out he is VERY afraid of snakes but he had the boat, 12' jon boat so we had to get him to go. He really didn't want to go but he finally said OK. We told him he could sit in front and shoot the snakes when he saw them. Small creek with bushes hanging over the water with snakes of course. No motor and going down stream and the only time he saw a snake was when it slid into the water, no shots. Big log across the creek, going no father, don't remember catching any fish. Had to paddle back up to the truck, Jerard, "no no not going back". So I told him I would get up front and shoot the snakes and he could set in the back and the snakes had two others to bite before they got to him, so we headed back. Got to this place where the bushes hung over both sides with only a few feet clear in the middle. Jerard "SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM" and I never saw a snake. Guess the back end of the boat got even with the snake and he jumps up and runs over Leslie in the middle and gets to the front with me and turns the boat over. Now we all in the water and I'm sure not liking being there with the snakes and drop the shotgun. We all get to the bank and of course Leslie and I had to go back to the log and get the boat and take it to the truck. We go home and tell Jerard to have his folks go get the gun. Two or three days later his Dad comes to my house and asks me where the gun is, Jerard would not tell them. I took them there and one of them got in the creek and found the gun, needless to say we never went fishing with Jerard agin.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I went catfishing one night on my pontoon and I was kneeling down taking a fish off and had my headlamp on to see what I was doing. The next thing my wife sees is me falling backwards because a bat was trying to get bugs and smacked me right in the head!!! Scared the crap right out of me. We still laugh about that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY:D

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0832.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  290.0 KBThe day that I test drove this boat, the owner launched me. As I was floating around, familiarizing myself with everything, I started noticing water pooling around my feet. I yelled for him to back the trailer in real fast. After hooking it to the trailer, and rapidly pulling it out, we noticed that he had put the plug in the wrong hole! Water drained for about 15 minutes at a heavy clip. I put the plug in myself, drove the boat, and ended up buying it!

Post Thanks / Like

Gone fishing one early morning went to our spot realized no tackle box nothing on line turned around and went home with extra large bottom lip

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast