Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fished Dogwood yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure has taken a toll on it for sure. I too see people keeping small fish all the time. Still has some good fish but not what it used to.

Post Thanks / Like

I still love the lake you just have to work at it a little harder.

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Washington from 90 to 2000. Nearly lived at Glendale year round. Caught many nice gills and redears. I think the HP limit helped control pressure some. Never felt that the Amish were present in any numbers as fishermen at that time. They were a menace during deer gun season since they would organize drives when everyone else was trying to stand hunt. Biggest problem at Glendale for years has been (mis)management.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree very poor management. I mostly bass fish it and still catch a few good fish each year. A lot of small fish in the 12 to 14 inch range.

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana never was very good at managing or creating trophy panfish lakes. The main problem up there is the small bodies of water just can't handle the pressure the way a 25k acre lake can.

The biggest lake is Monroe at barely 10k acres. Just look at neighboring states like Kentucky. Ky lake is 160k acres, Barkley is 58k, Cumberland is 50k, Barren River is bigger than Monroe! Illinois has a couple of stud lakes that would swallow Monroe and Patoka.
    Likes cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree that is why I do most of my fishing in Illinois. Still make it to Glendale several times a year. Didn’t even fish Green Sullivan at all last year. That is the first time I have done that in a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12