Views: 655
Size:  337.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes prefers shiners, Skippa Chippa LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, 3 is better than 0!
    Jonathon

Post Thanks / Like

yes I know it's 5 fish in 2 trips...big deal....but I caught fish in muddy dubisson 2 trips in a row....i got the same advice from mermentau(thanks John) in a pm today and he has not been to dubisson this spring but he said fish shallow near structure....as you can see the water is still muddy...the temp shot up to 74 degrees and the shad are abundant and the barfish are VERY active...I wished i had caught some of them but they were too busy doing acrobatics around the boat....so my wife whom I love dearly says on Friday," after we get you some new shoes and visit acadamy Saturday morning would you like to go fishing?"Well at this point I had to downplay and admit that even though my chore list is a mile long and getting longer every minute "you darn right I'd like to go fishing!" after all isn't the pope_______?...does a bear...well ya'll know the rest.....any way i fixed the clothes dryer Friday after work so maybe that's my reward for saving a lot of money on appliance repair....so got some shoes at acadamy, and of course I browsed through the fishing things that I "needed" and after we ate lunch Saturday off I went....needless to say I went the mudhole and It was just a BEAUTIFUL day....got out the wind fishing the little structure that was present...single pole..tight lining a 1/32 black and chartreuse( like there's any other color) hair jig....tbc.
    Likes Tbone, 20watt, RMGeorge, prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfsiski View Post
    Hey, 3 is better than 0!
    That’s what I’m talking bout!!!

Likes "D" LIKED above post

bflowers is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You make another trip and you will be able to have a family fish fry.
    Way to go Vet.
    ​COURTESY,LOYALTY,SERVICE, & HONOR
    Likes fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Tal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

well it was a pretty day but warm....began fishing with the jig and a shiner in tow......fishing 1 to 5 fow.....no takers....needed to cool off so I longlined some jigs for a while and found that to not work....as the afternoon sun got low some shadows began to form so I went back to the bank and fished another 30 - 45 minutes without a nibble....seems like I've experienced this before.....about 615 I found a branch sitting in 2 fow and at the 1st dropoff ledge also.....shade was beginning to form as dusk was coming on....I had just gotten a solid bite on my spider rig rod so I could feel the tide so to speak, changing.....rigged up my 1/32 chartreuse jighead with shiner in tow about 8 inches under a cork....dropped it in the aforementioned branch and wham!! the cork disappears! could it be happening again? the smallest sac in the pic was first and he wasn't going to swim again since it was a long time comin...another shiner on...by some divine intervention the branch was not in the wind AND the boat did not cruise into the branch...dropped another shiner in and I could not believe it....the cork sunk again!!! this one a little larger than the last....now you know what i'm thinkin....certainly there could not be another one in this 6x6 spot of water......another shiner....seemed like bream toying with the shiner...plucking the eyes out is what I understand they do......dropped it in perfectly by the branch, cork sinks AGAIN!!!big poppa comes outta there this time...me, lookin like the 3 stooges all wrapped up in one gets him out the water and the 2# line breaks....so no more 2# line for me.....that would be for someone who has FINESSE....I can hardly spell that...so retie 4# test mr crappie and there were no more fish in that HOLE....ANOTHER SPOT I GOT......crappie fishing is FUN...so to my friends at crappie.com...the question of the day is since these were all confirmed males via autopsy...are the females in deeper water not far from this"HOLE"? Thanks for reading this long winded expression of satisfaction I've gotten from studying this crappie sport!!
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Take wife to Cafe Josephine in Sunset La. I guarantee she will give you a fishing pass next weekend.
    You know me, I'm always ready for a road trip. Chip Newest member of Traveling Team Overalls
    Likes fishervet, MO Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever even think about going less than 6# test, right now I'm using 15 or 20 # braid on all my jig poles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 20watt View Post
    I don't ever even think about going less than 6# test, right now I'm using 15 or 20 # braid on all my jig poles

No problem with line twist at the end of your rod?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast