HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Millers Ferry March 7-9 spring camp

Post Thanks / Like

well the good part is that we have 24 hour cancellation. I am watching it until Tuesday then going to make the final call for myself and the folks i am going with. I will be on Lake Guntersville April 29 through May 4.
    Likes Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will do my best to keep everyone posted on the weather and water conditions. use the link i provided to keep up with River Stages until you hear back from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    I'm still planning on coming but I have a 4 hour drive and would hate to show up and the water be to bad to fish. We got hammered with water here in the north west we have numerous neighbor hoods still under water and from what I've read Pickwick is the highest it's been since 1897 I guess in hindsight it would have been better towards the end of March for our shindig.
    Yep, late March may have been better. At the time none of us thought that we'd have the wettest winter on record. LOL Hang tight Robbie. We'll know more in a few days. As long as I'm going, you've got a place to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an update on the river stage at or near Millers Ferry. Looks like the river rose another foot over night.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?gage=mrfa1&wfo=mob

I still think it will be down by mid week next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us have been talking this morning. Best case scenario, the river will still be flooded even if only at the minor stage. There will still be debris in the water making boating dangerous, the water will be muddy, and a cold front is coming in that will mess the fishing up more than it will already be messed up. I’ve had a text conversation with 3 guys from up here and one guy from Mobile that were all planning on attending and the decision was unanimous. The “official” event is cancelled.

If anyone else wants to try and plan a get together later in the spring, I’d be all for it. I however am not planning on trying to head up another event for the spring.

Sorry it’s worked out this way but it is, what it is. I will post another thread in the main forum in case someone might miss this post.
    Thanks Slabprowler thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, I am sticking to my plan, Do you have cabins you are relaseing? I have a group of bass fishermen going still. i wil do both.

Post Thanks / Like

Fur I hate that but you made the right decision. I just want you guys to know Brad worked hard on this and needs to be complimented. He is a relative newcomer to crappie fishing but has fell in love with it. He is a good feller despite being a barner and has become a good friend. We have no control over the weather so maybe the fall camp will have better weather
    Likes "G", Slabprowler, AlbertMoses, Killah LIKED above post
    Thanks FurFlyin thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Albert, yes I will be cancelling my cabin. I think it’s cabin 2

Thanks for the kind words coach, I reckon you’re a pretty good guy too even if you did ugly up that pretty new boat with those big A’s you put on each side of the console. You paid for it, you can put all the gaudy crimson on it that you want to.
    Likes footballcoach LIKED above post

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Defiantly want to thank Brad for everything he did I know it took a lot of time but like footballcoach said we can't do nothing about the weather maybe something will work out so we can all get together soon. I think I'm going to carry Garrett over to Weiss the last week of March since he's out of school and see if we have any luck over there which I never have but we always have fun anyway.
    Likes FurFlyin LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone appreciates what you did Brad...sometimes thing beyond anyones control takes over...You made a good call. Thanks Brad...See you in MS at the crankfest.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes FurFlyin, Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast