HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck commander trolling poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck commander trolling poles

Anyone used these? How would u compare them to other trolling rods on the market? Not having much luck with current setup and I am considering moving on to a different brand but can’t break the bank. I have now broken 2 12’ poles right above the collar where they slide together while hung up fishing 8lb line. First one I thought fluke but 2 in exact same spot has me curious I prefer to stay with 12’ as I fish out of a 15’ boat and afraid 14s will end up with travel issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have used B&M pro staff trolling rods for a couple years now. I have had no issues. I have caught several 4-5 lb catfish while spider rigging and they have done great. They have all different lengths to choose from. Check Grizzly Jig for pricing, buy 3 and get an additional 10% off. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Southern pro, B&M, any of those will do the trick. The Duck Commanders are ok, but you are paying for advertisement. I use Wally Marshall Slab Shakers and have never had a problem with breakage. Grizzly jig ells them 4 for $80/85 plus freight. Caught big catfish and Stripes. Up to 7#.

Post Thanks / Like

For a nice priced rod, the southern Crappie rods are very good options. The ones I had were tough as nails and the owner is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never used one but have heard DC trolling rods are very nice. Check out BnM web site before you order, price is cheaper than Grizzly jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp seed I might should’ve led with that. BnMs website has 12’ for $35 each right now. Pretty dang cheap which is why I was curious about their quality. Grizzly has them at $52 on sale. Think they’re discontinued the line soon?

Post Thanks / Like

If was only buying one set of poles to use in every situation I’d go with pst’s. There’s no such animal as one single pole being the best at everything, but there the most versatile in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks KnightShadow10 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely can see your point dee. I was trying to stay on a little lower price point which is why I was curious about this one

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I also should’ve said that I mainly spider rig under 0.5mph and typically 1oz or less weight

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the comments and really want to try the southern s Because I’ve heard so much good about him on here. Just didn’t want to pass a deal up if these others are good. Doesn’t sound like many people actually own them so I’m going to say there s something to that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast