HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default New fish finder

William, here are some sonar images from my Helix 7 as well.

I’m still learning my new Helix 10, but I’m liking it a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.comName:  IMG_5161.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  261.5 KBName:  IMG_5160.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  238.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pic.
    I think the DI was weak on the Birds years ago. I tried a 998 and didn't like the DI. Side image was excellent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettw View Post
    Nice pic.
    I think the DI was weak on the Birds years ago. I tried a 998 and didn't like the DI. Side image was excellent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Humming bird gen 1 down imaging was not true downimaging. It used software to interpet signals. Gen 2 and gen 3 are actual downimaging. That is why I want to upgrade my Helix 7 gen 1 to a gen3 helix 10.
    "Smiles don't leave a lake without one."
    "White Perch the other white meat."
    "CK the Official Tester of floating nets".
    Likes FishnLine, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKidd View Post
    Humming bird gen 1 down imaging was not true downimaging. It used software to interpet signals. Gen 2 and gen 3 are actual downimaging. That is why I want to upgrade my Helix 7 gen 1 to a gen3 helix 10.
    Same here. I updated to the gen2 and the down imaging is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine View Post
    Here are some images of my Helix 7 gen 1. I also got the better transducer. All of these were taken at about 1 mph with the screen speed at 3. Attachment 328878Attachment 328879 Attachment 328876Attachment 328877

Those look like bream beds in the first screen shot. I've always heard the larger ones bed in deeper water.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Those look like bream beds in the first screen shot. I've always heard the larger ones bed in deeper water.
    They were and they showed up good. I knew you could find beds with side imaging, but I’ve never concentrated on it so much. I hope to do a little more of it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

One more question please . On that same screen the depth in the bar at the top shows 11.4 ft, but the depth at the bottom left shows 20.2 ft. I
    I would assume the depth under the boat to be 20.2 so what does the other depth represent?
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    One more question please . On that same screen the depth in the bar at the top shows 11.4 ft, but the depth at the bottom left shows 20.2 ft. I
    I would assume the depth under the boat to be 20.2 so what does the other depth represent?
    I had to think about that a minute. Where the bed was, it was around 11 ft. I moved the curser just enough to pause the screen. When getting my phone out to take a picture, the boat drifted out into deeper water.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ashley, does that graph help you to catch any more fish?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Ashley, does that graph help you to catch any more fish?
    The past few years, I haven’t fished like I used to. I hope to change that this year. As far as catching more, maybe. Like you, I used to fish more at night. Didn’t really need side scan for that. I’ve never done a lot of vertical jigging, but thought about giving it a try some this year. It definitely helps finding underwater structure and can help eliminate water. This picture is from a few years ago. I could quickly see fish were on the bridge pilings and could even narrow it down to exactly what part to fish.

Name:  IMG_5181.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  206.4 KB

I just bought a 10” Humminbird and have had it out a few times just trying to learn it and it’s setting. It’s night and day different that my older Helix 7. I have marked a lot of brush. While marking it, it was pretty obvious that fish were not on it. Some brush I marked did have fish on it. My last trip was planned to actually fish some of these areas. It was a little windy and I arrived at a spot I wanted to fish, only to find out my trolling motor didn’t work anymore. Now I’m upgrading trolling the motor.

So depending on your style of fishing, yes I believe it can help you find more fish, but it won’t make them bite. Lol. I have been trolling and knew the majority of the fish were on a particular side of the boat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast