HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: should I sell my boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Keep it !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Smitty39365 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I pray that when I知 your age, if the Good Lord lets me get there, I値l be able to still go! Like everyone has said, you値l Definitely regret it if you sell it. What a better way to enjoy Gods creations than going fishing should I sell my boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes like everyone said "Keep It" go on and fish like you want to. Life is short and your not going no were till it's your time. Give several people out where you fish your cell phone number and get there's. I have several peoples numbers in my phone that fish the lake I fish and even the ranger's phone number if I was to have a problem out on the lake I could have more people than you could imagine coming to my rescue and I am there for them also if they have a problem.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I say keep it. If you can find a younger person or grandson that doesn't have a boat available strike up a friendship. When you decide you can't fish anymore, donate the boat to him unless you need the money. You will have made a friend for life and will have fish brought to you already cleaned.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes scrat, "G", stormcloud, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sell it!!................Just kidding should I sell my boat ?
    Keep it. Many good arguments have been made in previous posts.

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor is 85 and I carry him most of the time with me. I carry a 2 step stool to help him get in and out and he sits in the left seat and fishes from there and not ever have to stand up. He has a nice stick steer and when he gets in it he does not ever have to move until it is time to take out. That my be an option. Like as said find someone younger to go with you and teach him to fish like you do. Don't give it up until you have no choice. If you do you will regret it.
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dont go fishing -- Become a Pirate and go Plunder those that have caught fish - Misery in your wake and Bounty for the Frier ... Paint the Skull and Crossbones on both sides.. and fly the Flag, shooting Bottle Rockets across the Bow... No Mercy !!!!
    Likes Boa3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will turn 77 the 13th of this mo. and I just bought a new boat. I am going to go as hard as I can as long as I can. I still fish sometimes by myself but my wife don't thank I should. I think I will go tomorrow.
    Likes scrat, crappierebel, "G", Redge LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a comment on both sides of that fence. Met a financially comfortable man in TN that had issues keeping his boat stored and maintained. Then would travel for a while and vandals got into it once. He cut a deal with a local guide and got a better rate because he was competent and frequent. Sold his boat about two years before and said it was the right choice for him. Down side was that to fish was $175 every time he went.

My wife and I have had this conversation. She has put the choice in my hands and I知 keeping. My knees and lower back give me a fit now and then and I fish alone a lot. Our outcome of the conversation was that I値l fish alone and keep a boat as long as I can. There will come a day when I知 no longer able, and I dread that day.

What has been said about mentoring is the strongest argument that I can think of. I find great reward in teaching but also realize the limits of my patience. So many young people don稚 have the avenue to learn what we do, and who knows which life you will touch. Young or old, somebody has to get them started. I just heard of someone that took an older gent with no financial issues but didn稚 know how to hold a reel. The trip was unusual with the guest basically starting at ground zero. So to close, given the chance to keep it and fish as you want to from time to time, keep the boat and change the way you look for who will be in the second seat. Or teach them the first seat and you relax and fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes CUonthelake LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago I met someone that offered to show me around the lake he fishes. We ended up fishing together for years. One time we would use his boat and the next time we would use my boat. That lasted until he passed away. It became a 3some once my wife could go. We have many good memories. Now it is my wife and me plus a grandchild. Got a new boat last summer, actually my wife was very much in favor of the new boat. It is longer (1 ft 5 in) and wider (8 in). A much better ride.

My advise is to find someone like I did. You won't regret it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast