HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Chirp Mega vs. Garmin Echomap Chirp ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plus and minuses to every brand. I have dedicated Lowrance and Humminbird customers that are now adding Garmin for the Panoptix Livescope option and are very happy with that purchase. I usually tell customer's that the Garmin echomap does everything well but is probably not the best at any one thing... Other than Livescope ! But you have to look at the price vs value too. For what you get in a 9" screen, that is pretty impressive.
    It's all about personal preference. What style of fishing you do and what fits in the budget so mama won't kick you out of the house. : )

Garmin will have some new 8600 models coming soon that will offer some great features and will compete in price with the HDS Live and Humminbird Solix lineup. The will also have a Gen3 mapping coming soon that will combine Garmin's maps with Navionics so coverage should be improved. I think there is also a new echomap series coming but I don't have any details on that.

By the way, the Humminbird Helix 10 and Helix 12 MEGA + SI and DI G3N units have arrived in case anyone has been waiting for one.

It's hard to go wrong with any of the brands out there now. All make an excellent product.

Brian
    Likes JET4, Roy, DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any images using the Mega units in shallower water applications like 10 to 30 ft ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimY View Post
    Is there any images using the Mega units in shallower water applications like 10 to 30 ft ?

I was pulling 2D off my old 859DI on 2 - I don't have anything really new, but here's a few off a H12MSI G2N.
    Robert
    Bringer of the 'Bird...
    Likes Pantastic, TimY, cevans LIKED above post