HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BEST RAIN SUIT ON THE MARKET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    Seems to be more dissatisfied people than I would have thought at the price of the bps pro qualifier set . Just makes me wonder why some praise /some swear the ability to keep you dry . Also would the liner be as good as wearing thermal clothing under neath during cold weather ? I have plenty of cold gear thermal wear from deer hunting . Do not want to buy liner if not needed .
    My pro qualifier is awsome,will keep you dry.Ive heard bad things about the bps suit thats under the qualifier,dont remember the name.Guy on the miss board bought the cheaper suit a few years ago and hot soaked the first time he fished in the rain.He carried it back and got the pro qualifier and was happy,dont remember his screen name though

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dissatisfied? Not sure where that came from. Seems like most people on here are recommending the Pro-Qualifier sets. As for online reviews directly from BPS, I think the parka gets a 4.4 rating. the bibs are higher.

I did see where a few people seem to have had issues with leaking? We have to remember that many reviews are either people that are extremely satisfied with the product, or are angry with the product. Today's modern world, most of these people seem to find the need to comment on everything! So, to the ones that had leak issues, you have to wonder how they stored them, where they stored them, what they did with them, how big they are compared to what SIZE they purchased and so on....

Three years ago (if you go back that far) the majority of the issues associated with the parka having a lower review rating delt directly with the cuffs of the jacket. I have previously written about the cuffs as being an issue. They are tight. Not the external velcro cuff but an internal cuff that is installed. I took mine to a local tailor and had them removed. As I stated above, between myself, friends, and family, we own 4 sets of this stuff. Three of those individuals (including myself) are members of CDC. Not one of us has had any issues with leaking.

Money was not an object when I purchased my gear. I could have purchased and owned anything I wanted. Fit, finsih, and comfort were the top priority. With Gore Tex brand clothing, you already know what you are going to get as it is all mad by the same company and branded as such. It is just a matter of which product fits you best. The 100MPH suit I didn't like that the bibs did not have a zipper for the legs causing you to remove clothing to get them on (your boots). The jacket didn't fit right. I couldn't get the cabelas brand over my hands. I hated the fit of the coat and the bibs seemed giant to me.

I'm not a casual fisherman. This equipment is utilized hard in tournament walleye conditions. From early spring (April) to late August and September, this gear has never let me down, never leaked, and has always kept me dry, warm, and comfortable. Leading up to a tournament, I spend 50 to 60 hours on the water prefishing. During a tournament, I spend more than 12 hours each day in this gear. Getting up at 4 am, launching, waiting, running and gunning. We wear it and swear by it. All four people mentioned fish in the exact same tournament series as me and all of us wear this gear all the time.

As for layering. As I said, I wear mine from April through December. In early april I might be wearing Goose down under it, cold gear, sitka, or other brands of layering clothing. In the summer, it goes over my fishing pants, SPF shirts, and sweat shirts. I carry a fleece jacket just in case I need another layer under the coat.

As for price, every single set that we have was purchased for less than $300.00! They run a sale (usually in February) where they are discounted as much as 40%. Usually, during this time, you get the color schema's that they are no longer going to sell. My dad purchased his set during Christmas time for $250.00 bucks.

Name:  dad.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  145.4 KB
    Name:  me.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  163.4 KB
    Name:  meandabby.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  107.9 KB
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can not speak from experience myself, but two of my fishing buddies have the Pro Qualifier and both of them swear by it! I actually have asked for a set for Christmas...fingers crossed!!!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The BPS online review had several disgruntled folks . I will know soon as I have intercepted these from The UPS guy and Mrs. Clause . lol Name:  20181220_115145.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  117.3 KB
    Likes JET4, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I figured you were referencing.

I guess this is another reason CDC is the best. We don't know the people or trust the reviews from certain sites but we can always be sure that you will get honest answers from people we know, trust, and respect on CDC.

You will love them! If your like me and you find the inner cuff annoying, have them removed.
    Likes Eagle 1, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Simms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T_om View Post
    Forget "fishing" rated stuff. I have been a biker for decades. If you want rain gear that works, buy from a motorcycle shop. I love Frogg Togg stuff.

It keeps me dry on my Road King Classic at 70mph on the highway, it will keep you dry sitting in a boat.

Tom
    Tom:

I was wondering why no one had mentioned Frogg Toggs. I have used Frogg Togg rain gear on our annual fishing trip to Alaska for 15 years and it has kept me dry. It rains almost every day while we are there, and sometimes all day long. This stuff is fairly inexpensive and it works.

ClearCreek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Dissatisfied? Not sure where that came from. Seems like most people on here are recommending the Pro-Qualifier sets. As for online reviews directly from BPS, I think the parka gets a 4.4 rating. the bibs are higher.

I did see where a few people seem to have had issues with leaking? We have to remember that many reviews are either people that are extremely satisfied with the product, or are angry with the product. Today's modern world, most of these people seem to find the need to comment on everything! So, to the ones that had leak issues, you have to wonder how they stored them, where they stored them, what they did with them, how big they are compared to what SIZE they purchased and so on....

Three years ago (if you go back that far) the majority of the issues associated with the parka having a lower review rating delt directly with the cuffs of the jacket. I have previously written about the cuffs as being an issue. They are tight. Not the external velcro cuff but an internal cuff that is installed. I took mine to a local tailor and had them removed. As I stated above, between myself, friends, and family, we own 4 sets of this stuff. Three of those individuals (including myself) are members of CDC. Not one of us has had any issues with leaking.

Money was not an object when I purchased my gear. I could have purchased and owned anything I wanted. Fit, finsih, and comfort were the top priority. With Gore Tex brand clothing, you already know what you are going to get as it is all mad by the same company and branded as such. It is just a matter of which product fits you best. The 100MPH suit I didn't like that the bibs did not have a zipper for the legs causing you to remove clothing to get them on (your boots). The jacket didn't fit right. I couldn't get the cabelas brand over my hands. I hated the fit of the coat and the bibs seemed giant to me.

I'm not a casual fisherman. This equipment is utilized hard in tournament walleye conditions. From early spring (April) to late August and September, this gear has never let me down, never leaked, and has always kept me dry, warm, and comfortable. Leading up to a tournament, I spend 50 to 60 hours on the water prefishing. During a tournament, I spend more than 12 hours each day in this gear. Getting up at 4 am, launching, waiting, running and gunning. We wear it and swear by it. All four people mentioned fish in the exact same tournament series as me and all of us wear this gear all the time.

As for layering. As I said, I wear mine from April through December. In early april I might be wearing Goose down under it, cold gear, sitka, or other brands of layering clothing. In the summer, it goes over my fishing pants, SPF shirts, and sweat shirts. I carry a fleece jacket just in case I need another layer under the coat.

As for price, every single set that we have was purchased for less than $300.00! They run a sale (usually in February) where they are discounted as much as 40%. Usually, during this time, you get the color schema's that they are no longer going to sell. My dad purchased his set during Christmas time for $250.00 bucks.

Name:  dad.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  145.4 KB
    Name:  me.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  163.4 KB
    Name:  meandabby.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  107.9 KB
    You can just run with this post. The military and automotive markets both use Gore Tex products for a reason.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
    Tom:

I was wondering why no one had mentioned Frogg Toggs. I have used Frogg Togg rain gear on our annual fishing trip to Alaska for 15 years and it has kept me dry. It rains almost every day while we are there, and sometimes all day long. This stuff is fairly inexpensive and it works.

ClearCreek
    I use them, and have used them for many years. They are windproof, and I've even used them over Winter clothing to block the wind on those long, cold runs down the lake. You just have to be careful with them around sharp objects/edges and high heat sources, as they will cut or melt fairly easily.
    Thanks GBYRD thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
    Tom:

ClearCreek
    People get tunnel vision I guess. And unless it has "Fishing" stamped on it, it isn't considered satisfactory.

Tom

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast