HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It happened

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a nice one! I have tried deer hunting for the first time this year. I’m 59! I hunted religiously as a younger feller, but always small game. My passion was following a coon dog all night, and I lived for it! This year, decided to deer hunt. I bought my first high powered rifle. I’ve spent a lot of time shooting and assuring a good zero. I had to wait until gun season because I know nothing about bow hunting. A couple of different guys have been kind enough to take me, been probably six times. So far I’ve seen a doe that we spooked with the four wheeler (we only have a one week doe season during rifle), 1.5 billion squirrels, a flock of turkeys, and an owl! I’m having a ton of fun, and kicking myself for waiting so long! I’m still optimistic........!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes "D", redfin00 LIKED above post
    Thanks Fish on Line thanked you for this post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    That’s a nice one! I have tried deer hunting for the first time this year. I’m 59! I hunted religiously as a younger feller, but always small game. My passion was following a coon dog all night, and I lived for it! This year, decided to deer hunt. I bought my first high powered rifle. I’ve spent a lot of time shooting and assuring a good zero. I had to wait until gun season because I know nothing about bow hunting. A couple of different guys have been kind enough to take me, been probably six times. So far I’ve seen a doe that we spooked with the four wheeler (we only have a one week doe season during rifle), 1.5 billion squirrels, a flock of turkeys, and an owl! I’m having a ton of fun, and kicking myself for waiting so long! I’m still optimistic........!
    Keep at it. And teach me to catch fish like you do. haha. I checked to see where Alcoa is. On the western zone of the state, with a special doe tag, we can legally harvest 3 does everyday of the season. Does not seem fair to have such a short season where you are at. Of course you got to see one to shoot one. lol. Good luck, hope you get one.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes ET Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Keep at it. And teach me to catch fish like you do. haha. I checked to see where Alcoa is. On the western zone of the state, with a special doe tag, we can legally harvest 3 does everyday of the season. Does not seem fair to have such a short season where you are at. Of course you got to see one to shoot one. lol. Good luck, hope you get one.
    East TN is known as a difficult area to hunt deer......not nearly as abundant as they are on the West side. My tag is good statewide, and we have entertained the idea of heading west before the season ends. Time will tell, as this is my favorite time to fish! Decisions of the Outdoorsman! My drive to avoid “deer failure” will probably win!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    East TN is known as a difficult area to hunt deer......not nearly as abundant as they are on the West side. My tag is good statewide, and we have entertained the idea of heading west before the season ends. Time will tell, as this is my favorite time to fish! Decisions of the Outdoorsman! My drive to avoid “deer failure” will probably win!
    Don't forget to get that extra doe tag if you come this way. Extra $25.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Don't forget to get that extra doe tag if you come this way. Extra $25.
    Thanks for the heads up, but I already own that tag!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. She sure is a big doe be some good eating. Lot of Jerky.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Glad you enjoyed getting back in the woods, and had a successful harvest. How did the sausage turn out?