HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter Fishing at Tville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I used my second to last vacation day (use it or lose it) and hit the Ville again. I was by myself today, left the minnow bucket at the house so I stayed with jigs and Roadrunners.

I casted and jigged some laydowns and several brush piles (even the one that produced the other day) and after a few hours I only had one Bass (again on the Roadrunner). I was regretting not bringing the minnows.

So around noon, I moved out to some standing timber in 30 - 40 feet and found them in about 10 - 12 feet like Pappy and Greenfish said. I was just dropping it down, let it set..and bam. That went on for a while and when it died down, I tried Pappy's vertical casting by dropping it down in the 20 feet range and then bringing up slowly by the tree. I was usually able to get a few more doing that.

I ended up with around 20 or more, only 7 kept but I was having some fun...Broke off something that felt way too big to be
    Crappie, but other than that it was a good day. Thanks for the help, I felt like I knew what I was doing...lol
    Likes kycreek LIKED above post
    Thanks dannyr3_8 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Fishing at Tville

Quote Originally Posted by Jig Loser View Post
    Well I used my second to last vacation day (use it or lose it) and hit the Ville again. I was by myself today, left the minnow bucket at the house so I stayed with jigs and Roadrunners.

I casted and jigged some laydowns and several brush piles (even the one that produced the other day) and after a few hours I only had one Bass (again on the Roadrunner). I was regretting not bringing the minnows.

So around noon, I moved out to some standing timber in 30 - 40 feet and found them in about 10 - 12 feet like Pappy and Greenfish said. I was just dropping it down, let it set..and bam. That went on for a while and when it died down, I tried Pappy's vertical casting by dropping it down in the 20 feet range and then bringing up slowly by the tree. I was usually able to get a few more doing that.

I ended up with around 20 or more, only 7 kept but I was having some fun...Broke off something that felt way too big to be
    Crappie, but other than that it was a good day. Thanks for the help, I felt like I knew what I was doing...lol
    Great job! That's the way to use the almost last vacation day. Way better than losing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes dannyr3_8 LIKED above post