HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What’s Humminbird Doing?

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Birds rule. Gen 2 will keep me going

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA S View Post
    Birds rule. Gen 2 will keep me going
    i think 46 yrs ago my first was a Vexlar then Bird super 60, then also bird super 30, then later LCD’s,,,big move during bass tourney days and chasing salmon in the 80s was Lowrance X-16 paper graphs, there were other makers out there,, back to humming bird, the Lowrance a few times, but I have to say, for clarity, bird mega GN2 is the best I ever seen. I have had the itch for while to get a 360 as not into the video type aim transducer and I just like seeing up front all around and what I have left behind. I know it’s not perfectly Jin clear, maybe hummingbird will upgrade by first of the year. Birds over the years have definitely ruled and Tom Mann is da man!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Roy LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Everybody I fish with only use Lowrance. But then, it is my boat.
    That’s Hilarious CP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes crappiemax, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got a new boat coming, and will be looking at Humminbird's new G3N units. No way will I buy another Lowrance; I've had SW issues with my Hook2 that Lowrance isn't bothering to fix and CS has given up, and BBC Lowrance forum is full of folks with SW issues right now.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to these new units. Gonna be my shot for a used G2N unit ,
    Likes Pithon, vfourmax, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

JD1 I'm seeing lots of Gen1 Helix units going up for sell, haven't seen very many Helix Gen2 Megas yet. Guess we'll have to see how great these new units are as compared to the gen2 mega to see if many people feel the need to upgrade. Prices really dropping on the gen1's, have seen them selling for $800 or less.

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own I had to get a HB g2n when I got my ultrex and I much prefer my g3 lowrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    You can always sell your Birds and move on to one of the units you mentioned if your not happy. I agree with "the grass is always greener" statement.
    HB still has best side image, their DI and 2D are hard to beat with some of their newer transducers. Livescope looks good if your fishing for tarpon or swimming humans. Haven't seen any real good videos using it crappie fishing that make me get excited about what it shows, just my 2 cents.
    YouTube 1.5 bobby Garland Baby shad jig, 10 inch crappie.
    Likes Dirt track LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    JD1 I'm seeing lots of Gen1 Helix units going up for sell, haven't seen very many Helix Gen2 Megas yet. Guess we'll have to see how great these new units are as compared to the gen2 mega to see if many people feel the need to upgrade. Prices really dropping on the gen1's, have seen them selling for $800 or less.
    Thanks Roy but I'm really wanting something to network with my HB 899. Really have no interest in purchasing a hub to network. I'd be happy with another 899 if the price was right. Whatever I find will only be used for DI with my ulterra but need it to network with the console. Story of my life to spend so much on that ulterra and THEN they come out with the upgraded transducer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    Story of my life to spend so much on that ulterra and THEN they come out with the upgraded transducer.
    Me and you both!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast