HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monroe's magic moments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monroe's magic moments

It has always been extremely satisfying to me to enjoy a 1st time invitation(offered or accepted) to/from a person that you chose to spend some on-the-water time with. After making a spur of the moment Wed. invite to Pontoon Pappy(Don) aka protege of Speckanator(Micah/brother in law), we were off and running @ daybreak on Monroe in my rig. All I needed from PP was his comical, one of a kind, open-minded personality to hopefully enjoy our passion of crappie fishing for our time-constrained (3 hr.) outing. With some periodic tutelage in the way I like doing things (eg. knots, electronics, rod placement etc.), we proceeded to get the mission done with PP even able to bring home some bacon. The bacon I refer to is a pig measuring in at slightly over 14" with Florida's required pinched-tail measurement. See pic below- Overall, even with semi-successful dodging of the floating hyacinth/grass debris, we probably boated 12 and kept 6. Not stellar but definitely rewarding in all aspects of the impromptu scheme of things. Notice the difference in our top 2 fish only 1" difference in length measurement!! Variety of plastic-only color combos worked with a preference to a mini-rod with "wildcat".
    In closing, I'd like to emphasize the fact that if you choose to Open/avail yourself in any regard(in this case feeshin') to someone you haven't gotten to know yet, you may be pleasantly surprised that you should have done it sooner.

u2s

u2sName:  20181109_070010.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  102.2 KBName:  20181109_042657.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  121.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had fun. Those are some nice looking fish. Good job.
    Thanks up2specks thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, sounds like a fun day. I'm sure with Don it was, especially if he's as comical on the water as he is on land.

Is he wearing the towel because the hat is ripped up? must be a lucky hat if not, maybe time for another
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish.
    I don't mind sharing where I caught my fish.
    Most was caught in their mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

All ways good to make a new fishing friend. And to bend a rod or two while your at it is even better. It looks like you had a good day.

another good day at the office !
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, I apologize.... For what I don't know, but I'm sure there was something that deserves an apology.... Great post as usual.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator
    Likes specktacklure LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speckanator View Post
    Doug, I apologize.... For what I don't know, but I'm sure there was something that deserves an apology.... Great post as usual.
    Hi Micah- O% accuracy(100% inaccuracy) in that supposition, unless of course you're referring to the many one of a kind, eccentricities that PP has that I've sorta become fond of. We're still Aces, my friend!
    I think I've even got PP to see the value of even a low dollar depth finder investment = $$ well spent to show him where he "shouldn't" have been fishing over the years!! I also learned something new from him yesterday = Why search or bend down for your fish towel...wear it under your hat as sun protection & fly, gnat, mosquito repellent!!

u2s
    Likes Speckanator LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new buddy and a great time shared on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you two had a good trip. I fish alone a lot and sometimes invite both experienced and novice folks to go along. Everyone brings something different to the table and each one makes the trip unforgettable. We need to share that trip we spoke of one day soon. Drs Thursday, let’s see what that brings.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes up2specks LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast