HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Halloween

Post Thanks / Like

Understand how you feel. They truck into our neighborhood. Most of them are good; but we have had some property damage done by teenagers supposedly out trick or treating.
    Jerry "Bo" Bryant
    "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post
    Call me Scrooge. My wife and I have made Halloween a date night. Last night was trick or treat in our town due to nasty weather forecast tonight.

We got to having up to 300 or so kids due to our house being in one of the nicer areas of town. When it got to 300, we decided nothing was forcing us to participate. Last night our next door neighbors had 900 or more truck or treaters. As we tried to come home about 8:30, our street was blocked with parked vehicles PLUS we met folks on horses in a neighbor’s yard. We’ve had enough. Bah Humbug.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    900 kids?

I'd have to have a crappie clicker to keep count!
    2017 Ranger RT188C Shadow Grass Camo
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice
    Likes Redge, skeetbum LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We just had our first t or t. My SIL and he got a couple of Reese’s cups from the wife’s stash. He’s 40. No costume. Mostly retired around me, we miss the tiny ones and their costumes.

Happy Halloween to you and Sylvia. Hope you get enough to enjoy.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The PT nurse who worked with me this morning lives less than a mile from us. She, her husband and 4 small kids were out in our neighborhood right before dark. She said traffic was so bad they felt threatened and tried to get back home. It took them an hour. She said there are now social media sites that roadmap the best areas to trick or treat. Our street is ground zero. When we built here 24 years ago most existing homes were similar value to ours. Homes built since have values up to twice of ours. I miss living just over the hill from Jonathan Creek but when that house burned my family voted 3-1 to move to town. Guess who voted no.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We had about 100-105 kids last night. Last night due to the forecast for this evening. 20-25 yrs ago we would have 300 or more, as we were in one of the few neighborhoods out in a rural area. People would load 12 or more kids into vans, or even an old school or church bus full and stop by this neighborhood. I will admit that that got old. I can deal with a hundred or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a trailer park that has about thirty kids of all ages. There are actually about three different loops in the park. Living on the back of the last one, we don't get any trick or treaters of any age. My first year here so I went out and bought some candy to hand out. Well I now have a twenty dollar bag of candy I'm not suppose to eat. Oh well. Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12