HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE REMEMBER OUR C.COM VETERANS ALL MONTH IN NOVEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the Army national Guard for 8 Years. 1st MOS was infantry, then Artillery and last 4 years in Heavy Equipment Maintenance. I never considered myself a veteran because I never deployed to a war zone.
    Our church recognizes our veterans each November and they bring in each branch and ask the veterans in that branch to stand. One of my friends who served in Vietnam asked me why I didn't stand and I told him. He insisted I was a veteran and showed me the Google definition of a veteran as anyone who served in the military. (Ones that served in a war are called War Veteran, IE Vietnam Vet.)
    So I started standing when they bring in the Army colors, but still don't feel I earned the right.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Jamesdean, "D", Gindog, Cane Pole LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41, CUonthelake, fiveeyes, cevans, Hanr3, Buckwheat, ifish4redd thanked you for this post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    I was in the Army national Guard for 8 Years. 1st MOS was infantry, then Artillery and last 4 years in Heavy Equipment Maintenance. I never considered myself a veteran because I never deployed to a war zone.
    Our church recognizes our veterans each November and they bring in each branch and ask the veterans in that branch to stand. One of my friends who served in Vietnam asked me why I didn't stand and I told him. He insisted I was a veteran and showed me the Google definition of a veteran as anyone who served in the military. (Ones that served in a war are called War Veteran, IE Vietnam Vet.)
    So I started standing when they bring in the Army colors, but still don't feel I earned the right.
    You don’t have to be deployed in a war zone to be a vet. You served god and country. Your a Vet!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    You most certainly earned the right to be called a Veteran. I was drafted & served during the Viet Nam War "era", just not IN The Nam. I was stationed in South Korea, which was considered a "hardship tour" (not a Combat Tour). I saw no "combat action" (never fired a weapon in a combat or repelling invasion action). 13mo in S Korea & I was released early (total of 19mo active duty served) ... that remaining 6mo and the followup years of National Guard duty were waived because I went back to my previous job (Hospital Pharmacy Technician), which was considered a "critical civilian occupation".

I consider myself a Veteran .... I just don't consider myself a "Hero".
    Thanks shipahoy41, cevans, Buckwheat thanked you for this post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

U my hero pappy. You honest.

I tell everyone I just did my duty.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "G", Jamesdean, CUonthelake, Gindog, cevans, John Doe LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

USAF. 1968 to 1972. Crew chief on C-130 Hercules.
    Likes Gindog, Cane Pole LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41, CUonthelake, cevans, Hanr3, Buckwheat, ifish4redd thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You signed up and was subject to call up the whole 8 years.....YOU ARE A VET
    fred39
    Likes "G", "D", Jamesdean, CUonthelake, Gindog, cevans LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0808.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  62.9 KB
    This is my Dad some time after he came back from Korea. He was not much on talking about his tour there. I can't even tell you what he did then. Witch I guess makes me somewhat a not to good son for not knowing. I think this was in Fort Carson Co either way I'm Proud of him for serving

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Last edited by "D"; 11-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina
    Likes Cane Pole, Jamesdean, Hanr3, ifish4redd LIKED above post
    Thanks cevans, shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    Name:  IMG_0808.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  62.9 KB
    This is my Dad some time after he came back from Korea. He was not much on talking about his tour there. I can't even tell you what he did then. Witch I guess make me somewhat a not to good son for not knowing. I think this was in Fort Carson Co either way I'm Proud of him for severing

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Looks like he was Military Police ... according to the black armband on his left arm (& pistol/nightstick).

Like you, I'm not sure what my dad did in the military, either ... other than he was in the Navy and was stationed in Australia during WWII. Heard rumors that he was on a destroyer ...
    Likes Gindog, Jamesdean, cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk19 View Post
    That’s a UH-1. Did you move on to UH-60 duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

Likes Gindog, shipahoy41, cevans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

DD-214s here too
    USN Aviation electronics tech. 2009-2012

Wife: USN Aviation machinists mate. 2009-2012
    Likes "D", Gindog, Jamesdean, cevans LIKED above post
    Thanks Hanr3, shipahoy41, Buckwheat, ifish4redd thanked you for this post

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast