HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Heads Up For Parents with Fur Babies (PETS)

Post Thanks / Like

Through tragedy comes triumph. I believe that we don't choose our pets, they choose us. Rosie is gone but not forgotten. Take comfort in knowing that, Rosie's passing could potentially save/change the lives of several other fur babies by opening your home and providing something those little ones never had.

The lord has plans. Your little Rosie was here to teach you something. Gone too soon, she taught you what you needed. She knows the love of your home and that her passing opened it up for others to enjoy and experience.

My little Peetie is 15 now. Although I enjoy every remaining day with her, my mind does think about "that time". Until then, we will continue to shower her with the love she gives to us.
    Likes Slab, need2befishin LIKED above post
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you wicklundrh. Very kind and true words. One of the pups we are trying to get Mimi, the 4 yr old was rescued from a woman who had 30 dogs in her apt.. She is a bit skittish they said when she came in, but has come out of it well. Not real sure about Sugar, the pup. Hopefully these folks get up here soon. Sugar was fixed two day's ago so they may be waiting till she is completely healed. This place that haves them is Route 66 Rescue. They have a P.O. Box in Nixa And their kennel is in Ozark. I understand they want to make sure these pups go to a good home. Just wish they would come on with it...Eric.
    Thanks wicklundrh thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdean View Post
    Thank you wicklundrh. Very kind and true words. One of the pups we are trying to get Mimi, the 4 yr old was rescued from a woman who had 30 dogs in her apt.. She is a bit skittish they said when she came in, but has come out of it well. Not real sure about Sugar, the pup. Hopefully these folks get up here soon. Sugar was fixed two day's ago so they may be waiting till she is completely healed. This place that haves them is Route 66 Rescue. They have a P.O. Box in Nixa And their kennel is in Ozark. I understand they want to make sure these pups go to a good home. Just wish they would come on with it...Eric.
    You know what they say, good things come to those who wait! Make sure that you keep us up to date with all the happenings involving the new family additions. Remember, everything you do with them and for them will likely be the first time they ever got to experience that. Riding in the truck, going fishing, putting their little toes in the water, jumping on the bed, eating bacon out of your hands, and being pampered! I beleive our dogs teach us a ton. Love, compassion, loyalty are just a few of the things. Rosie taught you that you need those things in your lives. She also taught you that you are good fur parents and that your heart could/would help benefit other doggies that have not yet experienced 1/10 of the life she got to live.

We all will go to the ends of the earth for our dogs. From vet visits, doggie dental, even medication that lasts their lives. We do it because we are their voice. For it, they love us unconditionally. They have no care or concern for how your day was. They are just glad you are home!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That Sir is the whole truth...Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

I got in touch with the Pet Rescue Friday around 3pm. Said she would be here with Sugar Baby, and a long haired Chihuahua named Crème Brule to do a house check. Can hardly wait. Sugar Baby is less than a year old while Crème Brule is a few years older. Will post some pics of the new fur babies this afternoon to early evening….
    Crème Brule momma is thinking of renaming to Naenae, Don't ask me...I got some running to do first thing this AM before they get here. Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Well they, the rescue shelter didn't make it here today. But I did make it there to visit with the pups. I couldn't find this thread on my phone so I started a thread in the off topic area here on the main forum page. pictures of the babies are their. For some reason my phone wont line up with my laptop and transfer pic's. Please have a look see at our fur babies. They sure stole my heart already. And thank you all for the kind words and support in our hard times. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I updated this when I updated the thread in off topic. I apologize. The Route 66 Rescue delivered our new babies on Tuesday Afternoon around 1:00 pm. We are the new proud parents of Crème Brule, and Sugar Baby. Crème Brule is approximately 2 yrs old, and Sugar Baby is just 18-20 weeks old, yes a puppy. She was born at the shelter, and had extremely limited human contact, So the first day was a challenge with her. Today is day three with them and they are beautiful in temperament, and just a joy... Momma has not seen them yet except in pictures. She is currently headed to Edwardsville, Il. Then she gets her new Truck, Has to transfer everything from one to the other, then drive from across the river from St Luis down here to Springfield. May not get here till Tomorrow. But she gets to spend time with them then.
    They both have warmed my heart. Have to work on the pad training for the potty, but that's just part of it. We been to the Vet already. They were vetted before we got them, but Crème has bad knees on her hind legs and the Rescue didn't pass any meds on to us so she got to see the vet again and we got some meds for her. Also found out her problem is fixable with surgery. Need to get the X-rays from the vet Where she was. If they wont give them up, then we will get new ones taken.
    Sugar baby is a wild child as puppies can be. She is curious about everything, and as a baby can be, is into everything. She also runs from one end of the house to the other. But the thing that makes me the happiest about both pups is their wagging tails, and they both are eating good...Happy babies...Thanks for your time and reading all this, and thank you for listening to a healing heart. Things are going to be good. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".
    Likes Fish on Line LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I could not get pics from phone to computer, so I have to send from phone. Here's Creme Brule and Sugar Baby...A Heads Up For Parents with Fur Babies (PETS) Name:  20181003_080049.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  89.3 KBName:  20181002_134218.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  106.8 KBName:  20181003_053534.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  89.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

You know that Sugar Baby is searching every inch of the House is Because she smells Rosie, Wants to know where she is Hiding
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, even though everything has been cleaned, you can't get rid of all smells...She will be looking for a very long time...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast