Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lake okeechobee crappie guides and lodging

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverzx225 View Post
    Is Inshore fishing that much fun? We are totally game to do something different just never really thought about it as I know zip about salt water.
    Yes it is. Saltwater fish have amazing strength and determination. You can freshwater fish all year at home, experience something different. Might be a life changing experience for you. Imagine hooking a 30lb fish along side mangrove trees and trying your best to keep them out while that 30lb fish is jumping and tailwalking and screaming drag. And thats snook, tarpon take it to another level all together. Redfish and Jack Crevalle are just big bullies and bulldog fight you for every inch of line you get. Everything in saltwater is just plain mean and tough.
    Likes Yelim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

heres a few videos to entertain ya

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Take huntinslabs advice on the inshore fishing! It's my favorite and the fish are as good or better than crappie for dinner. If I lived on the gulf I wouldn't crappie fish much at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If you go the inshore route, make sure and ask any guide you talk to if they will have caught bait prior to trip starting. Catching bait can be a 5 minute deal or hour long deal. I would not pay for guide service to watch them throw a cast net and eat up fishing time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    If your going to Naples, check out Chokoloskee, near Everglades city.
    That would be the #1 location in Florida for inshore fishing including the Keys.
    Some of the best guides in the keys moved to that area years ago.
    Actually anywhere from Marco to the south in the ten thousand islands would be great.
    To visit that area for a week and not fish there would be a serious mistake.
    This. Okeechobee crappie fishing is fun and all but you're staying next to inshore fishermen's paradise.

Red tide will likely not be an issue by March, but the local guides will advise you to their best abilities, just do research and find a well reviewed one.

Post Thanks / Like

All time spent on the water fishing is very enjoyable, so wherever and whenever the opportunity allows we should go.
    Some of the Florida lakes remind me of the remote lakes in Canada I enjoyed visiting for many years.
    Even the water color is the same, just different fish species. There is one difference however, which is that there isn't a fresh water fish that swims, that can even begin to compare to similar sized salt water cousins.
    Age and condition is what has turned me on to Crappies, not preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  0325151518-00.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  45.7 KBWe go each March for a week and stay at Roland Martin Marina Resort in Clewiston on Lake O. However we spend a good bit of time fishing for Oscars in the Everglades. You can rent a boat and motor(only need Jon boat with small motor) at Holiday Park and have a ball fishing for Oscars. We start out with crickets and a float but once you find them they will bite about anything you put in the water. Just need to run far enough from the Park to avoid the Tourist Air Boat traffic and drop a cricket in the lily pads and hold on.
    Easy to catch more than you want to clean!
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Phantom309, specktacklure LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Get some decent polarized sunglasses.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalm 118:24
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yelim View Post
    Get some decent polarized sunglasses.
    Yes indeed and Amber lens with green mirror is best for inshore.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes sinkermaker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow guys THANK YOU !!! for all the info after talking it over with the wife we are going to try and do some inshore fishing. So the hunt for a guide is on, if anyone has a paticular guide they recomend that would be great. If not thanks for the help and I will keep everyone posted on who we use and how the experience was. Also we have good polorized sunglasses i have cosats wife has maui jims and costas LOL got that covered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast